Is there an auto update function?

C_Man

Hi,

anyone know if there is an auto update function, that installs new updates for you? Just wondering, because got to bed yesterday with v1.19.7 installed and started Vintage Story today, and now it's on v1.19.8.

To my knowledge, the user is notified on the main menu when a new version is available. Upon clicking the notification and confiming you wish to update, the game will then download and install the update.

I've never seen this happen automatically without user involvement, nor do I recall patchnotes to that effect.

I will, however, add the disclaimer that I've not installed any 1.19.x versions myself - I've done so many playthroughs already that I'd rather wait for 1.20 before making another new world. So, who knows, maybe 1.19 works differently...?

Do you have more than one version of VS installed, and tried to update one of the others?

Due to the update package looking into the Windows Registry for the game's install path, it will always update the client that was installed most recently, not the client that downloaded the update (unless of course, the two are the same). Example: you have two clients installed, A and B, and A was installed first. If you start client A, and it offers you an update, and you accept, then the game will dutifully proceed to download and install that update... into client B. Because it was installed more recently.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.