Fur Cap and Homespun Beanie (Winter Head Clothing)

ifoz

This is a really simple suggestion, but I'm tired of seeing my friends wearing bamboo and straw hats in winter for that precious +1 degree warmth bonus.
I would love to see a fur cap be added to the game, as well as potentially a homespun beanie made from flax.
The "Stone Age Settler" forum rank even depicts a fur cap.

Just one or two headwear items for the winter that aren't made of straw. :D 

• Like 3

I'd wager stuff like this(and other cold weather gear) would be more likely to come with an update to the colder zones, as those are currently lacking right now. I also never thought of wearing a straw hat in the winter to keep my ears warm! 🤣 It doesn't really make a lot of sense, and I typically go hatless anyway because I like the look better(in wintertime I explain the logic with either the hood on the fur coat, or the character in question having enough hair to keep most of the cold out).

The irony is that depending on the individual's playstyle, odd combinations of attire might be worn anyway no matter what the ambient weather is or how weird it looks, provided the stats on it are good enough. It tends to be a min-maxer thing and is typically a humorous thing to witness when it occurs.

Edit: Because I completely forgot to note this--raccoonskin cap please! I don't know how you'd craft one, exactly, given that we don't have animal-specific pelts, but already have the raccoons for it. We just need the hat!

Edited by LadyWYT
  • Like 2

Strangely enough,  I usually don't bother with winter gear. What I'm wearing is always  whatever random clothing turns up in chests.

Suppose that's why I'm always having to set a bush on fire. I'll have to look into it next time through. (It's late March.  Probably not worth bothering with this game...)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Strangely enough,  I usually don't bother with winter gear.

Me too. I always go for fashion over function! My guy looks pretty cozy anyway with his heavy leather cape, but I don't want to wear the fur coat or the ugly fur boots.
I justify it in-universe that he is warm, even if the stats are only +2 degrees 😅

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, LadyWYT said:

Because I completely forgot to note this--raccoonskin cap please! I don't know how you'd craft one, exactly, given that we don't have animal-specific pelts, but already have the raccoons for it. We just need the hat!

This would be really cool to see! I'm pretty sure there's even a one in the old mod Hide and Fabric!

Edited by ifoz
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.