Jump to content

Sleeping in Clutter Beds


ifoz

Recommended Posts

I know this is a suggestion mostly for immersion purposes, but it always annoys me that you cannot sleep in the clutter beds.
Maybe it would be game-breaking if it was as 9.5 hours like the aged wooden bed, but it could be good it was 7 hours like a straw bed, or maybe 7.5 because the straw bed is easier to obtain.
Either that or you could lie in them without actually falling asleep.
Just a little thing for immersion. Plus, that one with the quilt looks pretty comfy compared to the aged wooden bed. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, I've been wondering why the old muddy bed you find in a ruin is somehow more comfortable to let you sleep longer than the brand new bed you can craft. Especially given that...it's been there a really long time, and there's no telling who or what has been wallowing in it. At least let us change the sheets! 🤣

8 minutes ago, ifoz said:

Just a little thing for immersion. Plus, that one with the quilt looks pretty comfy compared to the aged wooden bed. :D

Agreed. But even for players who aren't inclined to the roleplaying aspects--they still want to make their base look nice! Not that the beds we have look bad; it's just nice to have variety. Granted, you can just chisel a bed out of other materials, but you can't actually sleep in it in that case.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LadyWYT said:

I mean, I've been wondering why the old muddy bed you find in a ruin is somehow more comfortable to let you sleep longer than the brand new bed you can craft. Especially given that...it's been there a really long time, and there's no telling who or what has been wallowing in it. At least let us change the sheets! 🤣

Perhaps you could be able to craft clutter beds with linen to slightly brighten the colour of the sheets (they are now clean) and make them able to be used with stats the same as the wooden bed.

I get that the aged wooden bed was added before the clutter beds, but I mean come on, it doesn't even have a pillow! Plus, I always find it with mould on the surrounding blocks, which makes it even grosser.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2024 at 11:05 PM, LadyWYT said:

I mean, I've been wondering why the old muddy bed you find in a ruin is somehow more comfortable to let you sleep longer than the brand new bed you can craft. Especially given that...it's been there a really long time, and there's no telling who or what has been wallowing in it. At least let us change the sheets! 🤣

Hast thou forgotten about temporal storms?  Perhaps those aged beds we find are just a couple decades old because of how temporal storms monkey with the subjective passage of time.  Ever play a resonantor next to a rift?  or during a storm?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Hast thou forgotten about temporal storms?  Perhaps those aged beds we find are just a couple decades old because of how temporal storms monkey with the subjective passage of time.  Ever play a resonantor next to a rift?  or during a storm?

Very true, but still, given where you tend to find the aged beds, lol...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

General temporal stability shows how regional stability can be.  I've seen very large unstable areas which would indicate incredibly localized possibilities as well. 

Jus' sayin'

Even still, this doesn't change the fact that they don't seem to have a mattress or pillow! 😅
It looks like it's just a blanket on a solid wooden frame.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ifoz said:

Even still, this doesn't change the fact that they don't seem to have a mattress or pillow! 😅
It looks like it's just a blanket on a solid wooden frame.

Maybe it's how we seraphs develop enough core strength to go fight eldritch horrors! 🤣 Now that I think about it, it'd be cool if the luxury traders sold the best bed. Having the best night's sleep is a luxury, after all! Or there could be a craftable bed upgrade such as a feather mattress/feather pillow, similar to the concept of upgrading lanterns for better lighting. And it would give yet another use for feathers as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.