Help with player model mod!

Hello! I was looking for help with this player model mod!

It no longer works sadly and if anyone has any insight on how to get it working on 1.19.8 I'd be ETERNALLY grateful! There is no other mod like it, and sadly right now, using the mod causes the game to CTD when loading into a world with no other mods active, and a fresh world generated... Sadly it looks like the mod is abandoned and hasn't been updated in a while. Thanks in advance!

I'm no expert programmer, so sadly I can't help with this problem, but I do know of one other player model mod that I just thought I would suggest because it's pretty cool.
There's a kobold player model mod out there, and someone ported it to 1.19.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ifoz said:

I'm no expert programmer, so sadly I can't help with this problem, but I do know of one other player model mod that I just thought I would suggest because it's pretty cool.
There's a kobold player model mod out there, and someone ported it to 1.19.

yeah, sadly I'm looking for a more... canine/vulpine one! but thank you. I really wish there were a port or compatibility patch for this one though sadly as far as I'm aware, none exist and the OG mod seems to be non active now...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FurryFreddom said:

yeah, sadly I'm looking for a more... canine/vulpine one! but thank you. I really wish there were a port or compatibility patch for this one though sadly as far as I'm aware, none exist and the OG mod seems to be non active now...

Could you reach out to the mod's original creator, or the modder who ported the kobold player model?
Just some ideas, since I don't know how it'll get ported unless an inspired modder sees this forum post, which could always happen. You might just get lucky! :)

• Like 1

They aren't exactly full-anthro or explicitly canine/vulpine, but these two mods have both been updated to 1.19 at least. How well they work, I don't know, but the kemono one seems like some players are working on fixing and keeping it updated.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/7291

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/10189

Otherwise I'm not sure how difficult it is to change the player model. I think it depends on how much you want to change the model from what the vanilla model is; a few tweaks that still retain something close to the original may be as simple as sculpting a few adjustments in a modeling program. If there's new parts that require movement or major changes to the vanilla model though that's likely going to require some animating as well. That way you don't have any stiff parts or broken vanilla animations.

1 hour ago, ifoz said:

Could you reach out to the mod's original creator, or the modder who ported the kobold player model?
Just some ideas, since I don't know how it'll get ported unless an inspired modder sees this forum post, which could always happen. You might just get lucky! :)

I think a few people have tried to contact the previous author over the years, with no luck... the mod seems to be truly dead now...

40 minutes ago, LadyWYT said:

They aren't exactly full-anthro or explicitly canine/vulpine, but these two mods have both been updated to 1.19 at least. How well they work, I don't know, but the kemono one seems like some players are working on fixing and keeping it updated.

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/7291

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/10189

Otherwise I'm not sure how difficult it is to change the player model. I think it depends on how much you want to change the model from what the vanilla model is; a few tweaks that still retain something close to the original may be as simple as sculpting a few adjustments in a modeling program. If there's new parts that require movement or major changes to the vanilla model though that's likely going to require some animating as well. That way you don't have any stiff parts or broken vanilla animations.

sadly these arn't really what I'm looking for... I'm looking for something that is Canine / Vulpine AND has a head and tail model attached to the player. the closest thing to it is the Kobold player, but again this isn't exactly what I am looking for as it isn't Vulpine enough... Just hoping that a fix, update or patch comes along at some point to make this usable again.

5 hours ago, FurryFreddom said:

sadly these arn't really what I'm looking for...

I think the point everyone is trying to make is that you should use the given examples and contact with the people involved in them to further your understanding of how player models work in VS, so that you can fix the abandoned mod yourself.

You said in your original post that you were looking for help, after all.

If you were just looking for someone else to do the work for you, then perhaps your should have said so. Although, chances for that are fairly low. If a person has the knowledge to do this stuff, that knowledge usually comes from the fact that they're already managing a mod themselves, and are unlikely to be interested in taking on more work for free.

Your biggest chance to see a working anthro player model mod that suits your tastes in the near future is to step up and just do it :) The channel #mod-development on the official Discord is a great way to get help from experienced people. But I highly recommend you do some research of your own first - find a concrete problem that stumps you, and ask about that.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.