End of World ... Adjust?

Alan Blue

Standing at the southern edge of my world, I feel like I've barely made it to "temperate" on my run south. 

I have encountered a desert, but it's covered in snow most of the time. I've never seen wild peanuts, amaranth, or a long list of things. 

Is there anything I can do to adjust the game file to generate sectors farther south than this edge? And what setting did I screw up?

What settings did you change? I don't believe you can fix it if you started with too small of a world. If you fiddled with realistic climate, or whatever that setting is, then you will be able to find pockets of different climates as you head east and west, too.

Edited by Thorfinn

"World Width" and "World Length" control where there world border is on the east/west or north/south axis, respectively.

I would recommend leaving those settings untouched, as they do nothing other than controlling where the world stops generating. There is no benefit from limiting it below the standard world size.

Hmm, I think I set WW and WL to 25,000 - because I wanted to be able to hike to the equator. My coordinates support the idea (I'm at 12,xxx) that my origina was in the middle of that 25,000.

Will "pockets of different climates" be enough to overcome "This is still something like 20 degrees colder than I expect the true equator to be?"

WW: 25, WL:25, P-E:25, 

I think it's "Icy" that got me in trouble - even the equator is cold.

I like starting on ice - it makes the struggle for each slot of storage a thing. But I'd like to be able to eventually get far enough south for decent soil, hot crops, etc.

What should I be doing setting wise? Is "Just drop into creative and teleport" the plan?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.