Henbox tooltip?

StCatharines
Go to solution Solved by LadyWYT,

I have a very dumb question, because I simply can't remember. Do henboxes normally have a detail in the tooltip about time left on incubation for the three eggs inside? Mine don't, and although it might not have been six in-game days yet I think it's been well over a season since the chickens laid. No chicks seems weird, but no tooltip telling me how many days remain seems weirder still.

Yes, there's a rooster in the coop too. Plenty of food in small troughs as well.

• Solution

That's odd. I could've sworn it was a vanilla thing, but I wonder if it's something added by the XSkills(or other) mods. I say XSkills, because that's one of the main mods that I play with, and I try to keep a short list of vanilla+ type mods. One world I left it out and I recall not being able to see the percentage of completion on bloomeries anymore. At the same time, it really seems data like that should be a vanilla feature, so I'm not sure. It could just be a bug, but it's the first thing I would check, if you've run mods like XSkills before and aren't using them now.

Hm! I've never played with XSkills, so this must be a mod problem. I just made a creative world, set up some chickens and a rooster, and sped up time. I gave them most of a year, no chicks hatched, and all henboxes still just say "A broody hen is needed!". I suppose I'll just go through each mod one at a time and see what I can find.

FWIW, I quit testing things in creative and with sped up time, because there were a lot of times it didn't work the same way as it does in regular old Wilderness or Standard. IIRC, it was bees that made me swear off creative mode.

You can probably create and populate the pen with creative, but then I'd use whatever the command is to switch to Standard and leave time alone. But I wouldn't swear that would work the same as just building things in Standard, either.

Thanks again to LadyWYT for jogging my elbow and reminding me to look at possible mod/mod conflict issues. I've now resolved the problem, it seems to be a conflict between Vanilla Variants and Extra Chests. In VanillaVariants.json, setting"ResolveHenboxImposter" to false seems to solve the issue.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2024 at 3:33 PM, StCatharines said:

Thanks again to LadyWYT for jogging my elbow and reminding me to look at possible mod/mod conflict issues. I've now resolved the problem, it seems to be a conflict between Vanilla Variants and Extra Chests. In VanillaVariants.json, setting"ResolveHenboxImposter" to false seems to solve the issue.

I'm going to look into this for my server. We've been spending a weeks trying to figure out why our eggs weren't starting the hatching process, and I bet that's exactly the issue since we're running both of those mods. I suspected vanilla variants may have been a culprit but thought that creative-moding in generic vanilla henboxes would've eliminated the problem if it was, but when that didn't work we and we tried everything else, we gave up and resigned to having scared chickens providing us eggs for the rest of their gen 0 lives.

11 hours ago, Credinus said:

I'm going to look into this for my server. We've been spending a weeks trying to figure out why our eggs weren't starting the hatching process, and I bet that's exactly the issue since we're running both of those mods. I suspected vanilla variants may have been a culprit but thought that creative-moding in generic vanilla henboxes would've eliminated the problem if it was, but when that didn't work we and we tried everything else, we gave up and resigned to having scared chickens providing us eggs for the rest of their gen 0 lives.

Hopefully it's the exact same problem, and you're able to fix it as easily! Be aware that according to the mod author, the henboxes might pop back into their base game type with that setting put on false.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.