Various questions for (Roleplay) server

Tiisma

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I started VIntage Story.

Following the installation of various mods and various games with my group of friends, we'd like to set up a Serious RP server.

But I have various questions to ask you, not finding the answers thanks to our dear Google.

I'd like to know how to generate a nice 5kx5k map with a single island, which would look like a volcanic island and various islands around it, for example.

I was able to get some nice results when creating after a dozen attempts.
Is it possible to generate the map without having to wander all over the 5k by 5k map? With a command?

Also, I'm trying to find a way to remove the Traders, with a command or not, to be in line with the Lore while keeping the ruins.
I'm trying to use the entity count command, but I can't find the traders one way or another...

Have a nice day! Thanks for reading, and I hope you can help me.

It is strongly suggested to not limit the size of the map as you've indicated.  Such a small size may lead to some critical resources (probably more than one) not generating within the confines of the world.

As for the other questions, I don't have experience or knowledge to help.  

• Like 1

Just now, Maelstrom said:

It is strongly suggested to not limit the size of the map as you've indicated.  Such a small size may lead to some critical resources (probably more than one) not generating within the confines of the world.

As for the other questions, I don't have experience or knowledge to help.  

All right all right thank you!

I totally understand, I'm well aware of it. Unfortunately, for the purposes of my project, having a huge map wouldn't be to my advantage. Unless I could block players with an invisible wall all around the island?
And then plan "expeditions" to other islands, for example.

The size of the island I was able to generate in 5k by 5k is already gigantic for my taste. In fact, it's almost too big for my project.

Unless you're proposing to generate an "oceanic" world with lots of small/medium islands scattered around?

Thanks for your quick reply.

If you're going with a smaller world size and were able to generate something close to what you were looking for, I'd try fleshing the rest of it out manually via creative mode. That way you can delete the traders and anything else on the island that you don't want, while adding extra resources that you'll want to find later. You can also build extra set pieces into the world that way as well, such as an abandoned mine, hot springs, active lava zone, etc. Depending on how long you intend to run the server, you may want to enter creative mode once in a while anyway to replenish unrenewable resources(such as ores in a mine) as a form of maintenance.

31 minutes ago, Tiisma said:

Unless I could block players with an invisible wall all around the island?

There might be some barrier blocks or something you could access via creative mode, if you haven't already set the world boundary itself to 5k x 5k. Otherwise, you'll probably need to use an honor system and trust that everyone will stay put in the designated area.

29 minutes ago, LadyWYT said:

If you're going with a smaller world size and were able to generate something close to what you were looking for, I'd try fleshing the rest of it out manually via creative mode. That way you can delete the traders and anything else on the island that you don't want, while adding extra resources that you'll want to find later. You can also build extra set pieces into the world that way as well, such as an abandoned mine, hot springs, active lava zone, etc. Depending on how long you intend to run the server, you may want to enter creative mode once in a while anyway to replenish unrenewable resources(such as ores in a mine) as a form of maintenance.

There might be some barrier blocks or something you could access via creative mode, if you haven't already set the world boundary itself to 5k x 5k. Otherwise, you'll probably need to use an honor system and trust that everyone will stay put in the designated area.

Thank you! Good idea for the mine to be maintained with new ores.

Would you have a suggestion for supression of the merchants? A command to remove the entities Trader / Merchant?

33 minutes ago, Tiisma said:

Would you have a suggestion for supression of the merchants? A command to remove the entities Trader / Merchant?

This might be what you're looking for: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/7942

Now in regards to the Resonance Archive, I don't really have an answer there other than a rule for players to ignore it, or using the Homo Sapiens game mode and building all ruins from scratch.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.