Crops in Vintage Story.

Ivan

Very nice, Ivan! ^_^ Im still waiting to see some "street view". Looks very intriguing from the top (video scene) I see quite some detail is added to inside of Ringsilo! Also I adore the interior of farm with forge. You certainly made the best out of available space there! 

Four street level views corresponding to the four lanes in a standard Ringsilo. Each Ringsilo quarter has a large indoor space at the back of its houses, accessible from the main lane ways. At the moment (for this build) these are livestock pens, food storage, market and smithy. But other options could be alchemy workshops, stables and libraries. Note: I have added these facilities by hand, but making alternative quarters for the Ringsilo, so each is a unique combination of the facilities mentions should not be hard and the Jsons would still be small. However the herbs etc I have added by hand just for this build. But I foresee herbs s lining part of the streets at least in a generated Ringsilo.  

rsstreet1.jpg

rstreet2.jpg

rsstreet3.jpg

rsstreet4.jpg

Excellent, just the way I imagined - narrow street, occasional flowers even vines. Must be very pretty in night when lanterns illuminate all entrances to houses! :)

Oh my, libraries!  Please, please include them... Bookshelves was certainly one of my favorite blocks to texture, so I would love to see them used here. There is even a rare "bonus" shelf with whiskey on it, which I hope Tyron will program soon! ^_^

I will do an upload on slack soon so you can experience it yourself (perhaps put in on the server?). There is a surprising amount of available space in the Ringsilo because there is no space between the dwellings in each quarter. A regular settlement with the same capacity/space would be three of four time the size, even without the addition of fields. In all the quarters the houses face the street, but some also have a front that faces the roofed internal areas. That sort of makes sense, as those living next to facilities like markets or stables might need access to them, or be involved in related activities.

I have done nothing with the interior of the central tower yet, except provide flooring and access. I am looking forward to automation, because a windmill (perhaps a double sided one) would look spectacular in the context. And there a some other possible purposes that central towers could be used for.

5 hours ago, Saraty said:

A quarter forms one big room yet to be divided, right? 

No. Each quarter is divided into 4 or five dwellings that face onto the lanes. But deep inside each quarter is a large room which has it own access door to lane ways.

• 10 months later...

Archived