Jump to content

Alloying (1.3.3)


Tyron
 Share

Recommended Posts

Metallurgic Vintarians

You can now finally progress to the next metal tier - bronze \o/
Took way way longer than I hoped, but now it's done at least. For the next version I will try to add some basic animal life to attain food from so starving is less of an issue. 

Here's a tutorial video on how smelting works now

 

Updates

  • Feature: New Smelting System
    • All smeltable blocks or items now have a new property "Temperature" that increase when being heated and drops when being cooled
    • Smelting of ores now must happen inside a Vessel that is placed in the fire pit. This expands the firepit inventory by 4 cooking/smelting slots.
    • Can now mix and match ores and ingots to create pure or alloyed metals. Currently available:
      • Tin bronze: 88-92% copper, 8-12% tin. Double durability than copper and quite strong
      • Bismuth bronze: 50-70% copper, 20-30% zinc and 10-20% bismuth. Slightly higher durability than tin bronze but somewhat weaker (slightly less damage on swords, slightly less mining speeds)
      • Black bronze: 70-90% copper, 8-16% gold, 8-16% silver. Highest durability and strength of all bronze alloys.
    • Added ingot molds to pour in molten metal 
    • Added bronze tools for bismuth bronze, black bronze and tin bronze as well as their respective crafting recipes.
  • Feature: 5 new blocks: Skull Cobblestone, new Barrel with variants, Straw Bed, Crate and Bone-y Soil
  • Feature: 2 new survival music tracks "Building" and "Creating"
  • Feature: Eating food is no longer instant and plays an animation while eating
  • Feature: Modding Updates
    • Added ability to perform a ray trace from any position to detects collisions with blocks or entities
    • Can now have custom, non-instant and animated uses for items/blocks
    • New Event for Blocks/Items while being held by the player
    • New Event for Blocks when the player collides with them
  • Tweak: Changed Intro Track to use "Night To Day" again
  • Fixed: Lava glowlevel and light values missing
  • Fixed: Items not in general tab in creative inventory
  • Fixed: Chest contents dropping while opened and the player dies
  • Fixed: Crash when mods register their own blocks/items
  • Fixed: Some weirdness related to loading/unloading entities resulting in odd behaviors with dropped items or drifters

View full record

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jdbener said:
  • Added ability to perform a ray trace from any position to detects collisions with blocks or entities

Does that mean that modders would be able to turn off collisions on some blocks?

Not quite. There's a few things you could do with that but it doesn't let you control the players physics. Examples:

- A laser block that destroys whats in front of it
- A mob that damages whatever entity it is currently looking at
- Test if there is a direct line of sight between two entities

Permanently turning off collision boxes on certain blocks during runtime you could quite easily do through another way - modify the collision boxes of the block instances (aquired either by world.GetBlock(code) or iterating over world.Blocks)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tyron said:

Permanently turning off collision boxes on certain blocks during runtime you could quite easily do through another way - modify the collision boxes of the block instances (aquired either by world.GetBlock(code) or iterating over world.Blocks)

 

 

4

Already better than Forge!

Edited by Jdbener
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice update!  Love the steam effect when pouring the metal.  Is there or will there be a chance for ingots to break?  Or are they permanent once made?  Cane one make a 'bad batch' of metal?  Or will it only output when you have a valid mixture?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2017 at 3:18 PM, DMKW said:

Great update!  Beautifully done.  The music, the animation, the particle effects, the icons, all fit so well together to complete the atmosphere.  It was certainly worth the extra time spent on it. 

Thanks for the praise, we're glad you appreciate our efforts! :-)
 

6 hours ago, redram said:

Very nice update!  Love the steam effect when pouring the metal.  Is there or will there be a chance for ingots to break?  Or are they permanent once made?  Cane one make a 'bad batch' of metal?  Or will it only output when you have a valid mixture?

I don't think it would be a useful game mechanic to make ingots break or have bad batches. The vessel only starts smelting if you have a valid mixture in it (which the firepit gui tells you textually as you seen in the video), so you can't make a failed alloy, I find that more fair to players. 

 

On 4/5/2017 at 11:26 PM, Jdbener said:

Already better than Forge!

\o/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Tyron said:

The vessel only starts smelting if you have a valid mixture in it (which the firepit gui tells you textually as you seen in the video), so you can't make a failed alloy, I find that more fair to players. 

hmmm... I think its already fair enough to players to have clearly readable message in case alloy is correct. It would be interesting to have a possibility to screw up! O.o 

Edited by Saraty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redram said:

Oh, and just to be clear, since I see I typoed before, I meant ingot *molds*, not the ingots themselves.  Which would be silly.  It would be an avenue to keeping clay necessary. 

Molds are not permanent, they will break after some time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Saraty said:

hmmm... I think its already fair enough to players to have clearly readable message in case alloy is correct. It would be interesting to have a possibility to screw up! O.o 

Perhaps.

 

1 hour ago, Saraty said:

Molds are not permanent, they will break after some time!

But not yet implemented

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.