Paper, Books, and Signage.

ApacheTech

It'd be nice to have books that we can write in, paper we can write notes on, and shingles to allow signage for shops and other buildings.

Especially in Multiplayer, this will be really handy to make an immersive society, and allow for proper interaction between players.

Edited by ApacheTech

53 minutes ago, ApacheTech said:

It'd be nice to have books that we can write in, paper we can write notes on, and shingles to allow signage for shops and other buildings.

Especially in Multiplayer, this will be really handy to make an immersive society, and allow for proper interaction between players.

as for books and paper, i do think they will come later down the road. Shingles do allready exist in the game, although i'm not sure you can get all of em outside creativ mode. (which should be no problem for an server admin)

well sorry, shingles are also an skin disease so i think i still picked the better one. As for building Signs, i think there should be a mod with some allready. I don't think they will come soon inside the main game as there is literally heaps and mountains of stuff thats waiting for implementation and "shingles" are probably low priority.

In case you didn't know, Vintage Story is for the most part done by 2 people (Tyron doing the programming and Saraty doing the textures) So it takes some time for stuff to get implemented.

7 minutes ago, ApacheTech said:

That's fine. All these things are just stuff that will add huge amounts of immersion to the game for very little expense. :)

ahh just remembered. you could chisel blocks for that i think? not sure how that works but the backscreen in the main menu has some nice looking thinks sometimes so i guess a sign might be possible albeit a lot of work.

yeah but aside from use on some multiplayer servers there is hardly any demand for it so if you want it you will have to make a mod or find someone who makes one for you. the list of things to be implemented is just that long. That or you use chiseling which is an acceptable alternative although a bit time-consuming.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you're still misunderstanding what a shingle is. It's like a sign outside a pub that says the name of the pub on both sides of it. Usually kite-sheild shaped. It doesn't only have uses in multiplayer either. If you want to build a really immersive single player world, it would add a huge amount of detail there as well. Any use it has in multiplayer is replicated in single-player. Exactly in the same way that Plaster is a thing. There's no need to build out of anything other than dirt in a single-player game, but the options are there to make it pretty if you want to.

Writable Paper, and Writable Books are still my main concern though. They are fast becoming essential.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.