Rich Deposits (game v1.12.8)

Gazz

I like the diggy diggy hole - probably more than most - and not finding anything interesting to dig is just boring and grindy.

This mod increases the likelihood of underground ores and minerals spawning and increases their abundance / size of deposit.
Common ones like copper got a minor increase (maybe 30%), rare ores a much bigger one, making it a lot easier to find them in the first place.
As random world gen games go, this change will only take effect when a chunk is generated, possibly only at world generation time.

Gems / gold / silver are not increased. My goal here is to make basic progression smoother, not to have all the coolest things quickly.

PS: Going from zero knowledge about modding this game to my first working mod took about an hour. While this really is super easy, the Wiki is vague/wrong/outdated on some details. #alphalife

RichDeposits.zip

Edited by Gazz

Yeah the modding wiki has got a bit left behind sadly. If you want to develop this further it'd be cool if you integrated it into the custom world menu so people could choose on world creation how much to boost different things by (there's already boosts for copper and tin in the core game so you'll have an example to work from)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.