Stick Crafting

Hoffmiester

can we get a way to craft sticks, maybe using a chisel and a plank to get 2 sticks? just an idea, but sick to death of running round for sticks all the time. and can we increase the drop rate of saplings from trees, wouldnt mind atleast being guaranteed one per tree i cut down.

• Like 3

Are you using the shears? You get a tremendous amount of sticks (and quite often saplings) with them.

That said, I agree we could use a wood-working machine or some kind of recipe for 'sticks' as it's absurd these are used in so many recipes but cannot be made. Personally I'd prefer a mechanical/hand powered carpentry machine for them.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Hoffmiester said:

can we get a way to craft sticks, maybe using a chisel and a plank to get 2 sticks? just an idea, but sick to death of running round for sticks all the time. and can we increase the drop rate of saplings from trees, wouldnt mind atleast being guaranteed one per tree i cut down.

I made a mod here that includes stick crafting: Stick Crafting (Whittling)

56 minutes ago, Hoffmiester said:

if i have to climb up trees to use shears to get sticks and saplings whats the real point in having the trees fall when chopped down, may aswell be the same as minecraft

What I've done is to dig a 2 block deep hole for the sapling with steps up to access the bottom of the tree. This allows me to get more of the leaves from the ground.

Scaffolding would be really nice tho for doing that.

2 hours ago, Hoffmiester said:

if i have to climb up trees to use shears to get sticks and saplings whats the real point in having the trees fall when chopped down, may aswell be the same as minecraft

Well, I think it's designed to represent the effort of procuring good branches rather than have everything happen when you chop down a tree with no regard. You're right in that the tree should actually fall to the ground and then we can break branches off to get a similar amount of sticks but Vintage Story realism is just not there yet.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.