The_Lazy_Warlock

[V1.2.8] Lazy Warlock's Tweaks

Lazy Warlock's Tweaks

(AKA lazytweaks)

Hello everyone! Now that I've got a suggestion to-do list I've started making small quality-of-life tweaks to the game using simple asset mods. I mostly play single player, so I don't know if these would ruin tribe dynamics for multiplayer servers where resources and land claiming is important. However I think most will appreciate the small changes I've made here. 

(Also let me know if they can't be used on servers, not sure what needs to be done with asset mods to make use of them server-side)

Okay now for the Mods:

Whittling (IE stick crafting)
Okay, so sticks are a crazy valuable resource in VS but I didn't like how you couldn't craft them from other pieces of wood. No more! Now you can craft sticks from planks and firewood using a knife or saw, however planks and saws are far more efficient at making them:

Recipes (they're all shapeless):

Spoiler

456966383_KnifexFirewood.PNG.e864e006623ff1586c7f35fe07b71331.PNG930072416_SawxFirewood.PNG.33751bc5940de984b29bf21e394fea3c.PNG2096431653_KnifexPlank.PNG.4276215a883a9b81feeb266d7ec5a187.PNG1177430158_SawxPlank.PNG.8935cf186d385082c68834a2708d9b3f.PNG

Stacking Tool Heads
Sometimes you just want the spend your primitive night knapping a bunch of javelins to throw, only to find your inventory is full and you don't have a wicker basket to store anything. Now you can make tool heads to your hearts content! Some items stack less since they would technically be larger than others (like scythe blades), but anything you can knap from a piece of flint can now fit into stacks of 64 (arrowheads can stack up to 128). 

Example Stacks:

Spoiler

2020-03-17_21-51-23.thumb.png.97ab50d3c9b19091ec450f041165f25c.png

Limestone Gathering
Gathering limestone can suck hardcore if you spawn in an endless sea of peridotite (like I did). I wanted a consistent way to get lime and still remain faithful to the semi-realistic methods of VS, thankfully I found a cool bit of info about limestone here (Limestone Deposits). More or less, in real life limestone is quite common on sea floors and can be found as chunks mixed with muddy silt. So I thought, why not make use of that "muddy gravel" that does nothing. You'll still need a bucket and quern to get the desired end result, but at least you won't have to find another continent to continue your progress.

Recipe (Shapeless):

Spoiler

294069317_MuddygravelxBucket.PNG.97f0e7659b0b3536e3576a0a9afa0c6d.PNG

That's it for now! I plan to add a few more things as I continue to progress through my own survival game. Next on the list:

• Lower material cost of casting certain items (like knives)
  • Getting scrap metals after forging
  • Repairing tools with crafted whetstones

Installation (Vintage Story Version: 1.12.8)

Just drop the zip file right into your "mods" folder in Vintage Story! If you can't find it, you can open it up in the vintage story main menu using the .

Known bugs:

• I had to adjust the GUI position of a few tool head so they didn't intersect with the stack number, but this caused some to move out of place on the tool-tip window. 

Incompatibilities

• Unknown, let me know if you run across any.

Changelog:

Spoiler
  • V1.3.0
    • Mod Release
    • Whittling
    • Too Head Stacking
    • Limestone gathering

Licence & Support:

Spoiler

Current license for lazytweaks is CC0. Tyron's team did all the heavy lifting to make this mod even possible, as far as I'm concerned they and the public own whatever I make for this fantastic game :)

However, besides making mods for VS I also develop my own game: Lords of Nysera. If you like Fire Emblem, Dungeons and Dragons or any other tactical RPG feel free to check out my game here:

lazytweaks v1.3.0.zip

Edited by The_Lazy_Warlock
Added license
  • Mind=blown 1

The posted 1.3.0 zip reports itself as 1.0.0 in-game.  This is harmless, but next time you release it'd be nice to fix!

See modinfo.json:

{
  "type": "content",
  "modid": "lazytweaks",
  "name": "Lazy Warlock's Tweaks",
  "author": "The_Lazy_Warlock",
  "description": "Adds some quality of life changes to Vanilla Vintage Story",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "dependency": {
    "game": "1.8"
  }
}

7 hours ago, Chime said:

The posted 1.3.0 zip reports itself as 1.0.0 in-game.  This is harmless, but next time you release it'd be nice to fix!

See modinfo.json:

{
  "type": "content",
  "modid": "lazytweaks",
  "name": "Lazy Warlock's Tweaks",
  "author": "The_Lazy_Warlock",
  "description": "Adds some quality of life changes to Vanilla Vintage Story",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "dependency": {
    "game": "1.8"
  }
}