Medieval expansion

Rhonen

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Pamela Wild said:

In version 1.17.11 when you try to put a lantern on a lamppost, the game crashes to the desktop

Can you add the error message?
Can not reproduce a crash on vs1.17.11 with mod-v3.8.1

Edited by Rhonen

• 2 weeks later...

As evidence of my statement that Vanilla spawns livestock/animals inside of a closed building I present the following:
It doesn't matter how many times that I kill these they just keep respawning. There were even more in this building at the time but I think that I have made my point. :) This mod is NOT the issue!

2023-04-20_14-56-45.png

2023-04-20_14-56-50.png

2023-04-20_14-56-55.png

Edited by Robert Milligan

@IamJade

Thank you for return of floor plates and cows!

What are the new door config options for? The config options are called "vanilla___" so do they affect the real vanilla doors or just the medieval expansion gates and doors?

if the description of

Floor-Plates for auto-open/close Vanilla-Doors, Portcullis and Gates

is misleading, i am sorry. but Vanilla i mean all the original VS Doors, which are contained in VS 1.18.x for now.
So the Fence-Gates and normal Doors.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, artemax44 said:

the large gates do not let pass. you have invisible blocks

You used the wrong gates. The single-gate-elements are experimental of using Tyron's Door-Api. for now that api is limited and the larger gate-elements are not working correctly.
I missed to remove them from the Mod - sorry for that.

@Community
i have reuploaded v3.9.1 without the experimantal gate-elements.

Edited by Rhonen

1 hour ago, Rhonen said:

Usaste las puertas equivocadas. Los elementos de puerta única son experimentales con el uso de Door-Api de Tyron. por ahora, la api es limitada y los elementos de puerta más grandes no funcionan correctamente.
No los eliminé del Mod, lo siento.

@Community
he vuelto a cargar v3.9.1 sin los elementos de puerta experimentales.

So I download 3.9.1 again and I won't have that error anymore? Thank you for correcting or removing the files that were not working correctly.

Hi!

@Rhonen the floor plates causes wrong door behaviour, see my description below:

If I place a floor plate to the one side of doors (the new 1.18 animated doors), and when I close the doors and I'll come to that door from the other side where is not placed the floor plate, then when I push to the doors by a whole body, no clicking to any mouse button, just pushing by my body to the doors, the doors opens.

Probably during pushing by the whole player's body, some part of the body touches the floor plate laying on the other side of doors and activates it.

This is problematic, because I've all doors in my house locked and reinforced and I've floor plates at the inner side of the doors to ensure that the doors always closes automatically when I go outside of my protected house. But this bug causes that anybody can go in, just by pushing to the doors.

Hope that you'll fix it. Anyway I love your mods! 

Thanks!
Fipil

@Filip Nowak

thanks for reporting. after retest of your description i can confirm the collision-glitch. And that is the point. its the thin collision box of the door, which seems to cause a partial body glitch through the door. while now the body hits the following block, triggers the floorplate.

So overall not a bug in the mod. But understood the problem.
I will see if i can improve the floorplate-behavior but i fear that this is the limit of the game api.

Edited by Rhonen

Hello Rhonen

Please reupload the second v3.9.1 version u changed as a 3.9.2 version. People can not join the servers, because there are now two versions of 3.9.1 at the players. The Mod-Download-Feature did not work, if players have already the "old" 3.9.1 version installed in ModsByServer folder. its critical. thanks.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Rhonen said:

@Filip Nowak

thanks for reporting. after retest of your description i can confirm the collision-glitch. And that is the point. its the thin collision box of the door, which seems to cause a partial body glitch through the door. while now the body hits the following block, triggers the floorplate.

So overall not a bug in the mod. But understood the problem.
I will see if i can improve the floorplate-behavior but i fear that this is the limit of the game api.

@Rhonen thanks. I made this issue recently: https://github.com/anegostudios/VintageStory-Issues/issues/2680 which I closed yesterday. So maybe you can create a new issue pointing to the my closed one and describe the problem? Hope that devs will help you with that. 
Thank you very much.

6 hours ago, DasPrinzip said:

Hello Rhonen

Please reupload the second v3.9.1 version u changed as a 3.9.2 version. People can not join the servers, because there are now two versions of 3.9.1 at the players. The Mod-Download-Feature did not work, if players have already the "old" 3.9.1 version installed in ModsByServer folder. its critical. thanks.

yeah, heard of that problem. This behaviors from the mod-management-system is unexpected for me too.
Nevertheless, the workaround until patch version->

1. update mod on server
  2. delete the mod in the client, then server can send the changed version.

Edited by Rhonen

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 12:56 AM, Rhonen said:

wooden paths are not required. so why do you think you need wooden paths?

There's a conflict between the flume recipe and the wooden path recipe. When you try to make flumes, it can only produce wooden paths. I'd suggest modifying the recipe to use a half plank block or something in the middle bottom slot. 

21 hours ago, Alex DeBate said:

There's a conflict between the flume recipe and the wooden path recipe.

Now understood. will check it. until the new 1.18.x we did not achieve the tier of resources, to create overshot waterwheels :D
Will recheck the recipe - thanks for report.

Update:
That conflict is only for aged boards. But i think that is mainly caused by the strange recipe of the wooden-path recipe, that reacts when placing saw and aged-boards on any place in the crafting-grid.

Edited by Rhonen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.