Zaph42nd Posted September 25 Report Posted September 25 8 minutes ago, MKMoose said: I was wondering if it would be desirable to group the playable classes into two primary buckets, or along an axis, with significant gameplay changes as a result of this - those who can survive in the wilderness on one end (malefactor and hunter especially), and those who rely strongly on infrastructure on the other (clockmaker and tailor especially). Some other distinctions of this kind could me made as well. This would have larger-scale effects on which mechancis different classes can use or use efficiently Very much behind this idea, I've always found it odd how the non-crafted item related differences between classes are very minor at best, most noteworthy distinction I think is felt on blackguard where hunger is higher and food management becomes more of an issue early-game; however, I think this also fits with the role blackguards are said to play in lore being protectors and guardsmen, therefore would likely not be well-adjusted to having to forage and farm for sustenance.... One idea in my mind for making things a bit more noteworthy aside from minor changes to yields and crafting is also impacting how hunger and diet play together with classes, specifically: Hunters could potentially focus on meat and forage but fail to succeed at farming. This would reflect in an increased depletion of their veg and grain and slower depletion of their protein Blackguards already meet this by having increased hunger, maybe expanding upon it they could have longer retention of all of their nutrient groups in exchange for the higher hunger needs? Malefactor being the foraging class, fruits I feel like would be depleted less and hunger might be a tiny bit slower too, but I'm not sure on balancing that out Other classes (tailor, clockmaker) I'd probably orient towards avg hunger rates on the whole Aside from that, commoner I think could maybe have some uniqueness too, nothing extraordinary or unique items but maybe being just slightly more unique in the sense of farming could fit well? Ultimately this would still encourage balancing diets out to max your health-pool, but playing in a server each class would have its own way of staving off starvation and there'd be more need for classes to work together to achieve balanced diets
Zvengks Posted September 26 Report Posted September 26 On 9/9/2026 at 7:54 AM, CastIronFabric said: I am also very much against resources being allocated to a combat overhaul. Not remotely interested. In fact, I doubt I will even update the game when it comes out until all mods are working with the update with zero issues. yeah, with the exception of a few hitboxes being a little janky sometimes, and enemies spawning like 2 blocks away in temporal storms, I think there's nothing wrong with the combat as it's been. no revamp required. this is primarily a PVE game, PVP is just a vocal minority.
Juwan Alexander Posted September 27 Report Posted September 27 (edited) On 9/25/2026 at 11:13 AM, LadyWYT said: I don't think it's the kind of thing that should be left entirely to a community vote. Players should be able to make reports, yes, but someone should be able to review those reports to determine if there's legitimate bad behavior by the reported individual or not. A system left entirely up to a community vote is way too easy to abuse, because that allows mob rule. The curse mechanic in One Hour One Life doesn't do anything more than mark a player as someone that doesn't deserve to be trusted. The same could be accomplished by having the number of times a given username is reported as some kind of negative reputation counter. It is essentially the same thing as reddit's karma system but can only move in a single direction (negative). It would be entirely up to the server admins to trust the individual enough to let them play on the server. The community just chooses who deserves to not be trusted. I played with several cursed individuals in One Hour One Life who were falsely accused, but they were also greatly contributing to the success of our tribe and helping other players learn the game. However, quite often they would be actual trolls and oust themselves very quickly, so it would probably work the same in this game. Edited September 27 by Juwan Alexander
EnchikO Posted September 29 Report Posted September 29 Some huge lore. I love stories in open world games. And when story gives you a different perspective on the world, its blast. More structures not related to story. Ruins are not enough for me. Advanced technology. Steel age is not enough.
Modelito Posted September 30 Report Posted September 30 I would add a way to make creative roofs in survival, wine casks with spouts, actual butchering, and woodworking that relies less on the crafting grid. Oooo and also more food items you can cook. Especially when it comes to baking. Imagine making creme brulee or turnovers. Mmmmm so good. 1
CastIronFabric Posted September 30 Author Report Posted September 30 (edited) 9 hours ago, Modelito said: I would add a way to make creative roofs in survival, wine casks with spouts, actual butchering, and woodworking that relies less on the crafting grid. Oooo and also more food items you can cook. Especially when it comes to baking. Imagine making creme brulee or turnovers. Mmmmm so good. I do not know if you are aware or not but every single one of those items is in mods that works really well other than 'wine casks with spouts' (which might actually exist I just am not aware of it) Edited September 30 by CastIronFabric
Recommended Posts