Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

Spoiler

 

image.png.7c33b2f4fd4d82ac368808a02489c824.pngimage.thumb.png.6213e28cf40f1268d50738831c8d1873.pngimage.png.57cf55b025552744469ba16302aba986.pngimage.png.724504414de0574938a019ca9021c895.png

I had to cross an entire ocean to get to the village, which has its own island, or course. Then when I get there, all of the villager's trades are messed up! They sell random things like stairs, snow-covered top half slabs, singular shale stones for 16 gears apiece, and they buy ores. Fortunately, though, the trades should refresh shortly before the heat death of the universe, and I might be able to buy what I'm looking for. An ample reward for freezing my ass off on the way here because it's November and half the trip is above the Arctic Circle.

Edited by Jacsmac
Posted
34 minutes ago, Jacsmac said:

Then when I get there, all of the villager's trades are messed up!

Are you playing with mods? I've seen some funky trades in the village, and it was when I was playing with mods. I'm not saying that the vanilla game couldn't be bugged, but the trades on a vanilla game, as I recall, are what you'd expect the villagers to actually be selling, with a reasonable refresh rate.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Jacsmac said:

I had to cross an entire ocean to get to the village, which has its own island, or course.

This one's because the structures always spawn in a quite narrow range, and if it happens in an ocean then that's the result. Seems like it should be relatively easy issue to fix by placing a continent there and not just a measly island, but alas.

 

38 minutes ago, Jacsmac said:

[...] all of the villager's trades are messed up!

That's a bug as old as the village, unfortunately, GitHub #5469.

Though it is unlikely to actually fix the problem, you could apparently try getting the trader you're currently looking at to restock with the /entity cmd l[] setattr string lastRefreshTotalDays 1 command. That will make their restock timer more normal, but the restocked items will most likely still be very wrong. The command will also apparently crash the game if the trader's UI is open or when used twice on the same trader, so use at your own risk.

It is seemingly a pretty annoying bug to track down, because it only happens rarely and there are no clear reproduction steps. Out of curiosity, what mods are you using if any?

Edited by MKMoose
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Dang, what kind of mods are you playing with that the Villagers goods are replenished every 692 days? 

Ive never really used the village for much shopping (the bee suit is kinda neat to heave if youre running an apiary of any kind for immersion (im an irl beek)) because the prices are through the roof but a great way to set prices with Vinconomy mod is thru the village IMO. 

(AND all while I was replying youve gotten great answers from others XD hahahaha) 

Edited by OBAMFSpike
because
Posted (edited)

I'm using Farseer mod and the terrain sampler that makes it faster. I currently do not have any other mods enabled. Something similar has happened before on a previous world with zero mods, but nothing this crazy.

Quote

Dang, what kind of mods are you playing with that the Villagers goods are replenished every 692 days? 

And, my months are 12 days long instead of 9 and I made it to the village relatively early in the playthrough.  Maybe it started at 800 or something.

Edited by Jacsmac
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.