Quickest and easiest way to get zinc?

Perlin

I got Vintage Story a couple days ago (by the way one of the best definitions of an underrated game I've ever seen), and I'm only in the late copper age. I saw in the survival guide you can make torch holders out of brass, but I don't know a fast way to get zinc for the brass alloy. I know you can pan sphalerite chunks but is there any other reliable way to find it?

Edited by KobaltKookie

One or two of the traders sells zinc nuggets I think (commodities trader, I think?).  You might be able to find it extremely rarely panning, or in ore loot vessels.  Those and mining are the only ways I think.   Finding some zinc to mine will be by far the most profitable in terms of quantity.  If you're not familiar with the propick yet, I'd suggest maybe looking into it.  There's a link to a good tutorial pinned somewhere in the discord, iirc (if you're not on the discord yet, join us!)

All in all, I think you're best served with going prospecting. As long as you have stone nearby that can support sphalerite, that is.

The non-mining sources will take you so much time and effort that you'll have found a vein by the time you're done with panning or refreshing trader inventories or earning gears or the like. I'd only go for those if you don't have the right stone.

When you look up sphalerite in the handbook, it will show you all the possible ore blocks. Something like "sphalerite in claystone", "sphalerite in granite", and so on and so forth. If you know which three stone types are in your area, you can check and confirm that they can carry sphalerite (or any other ore) with this method.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.