Can i run Vintage Story?

jppboi

Yes, it should run. Vintage Story should generally give you more FPS than Minecraft at the same resolution and view distance while simultaneously looking better. On my computer at least, it does all this. Versus Minecraft with mods (either performance-enhancing or performance-lowering ones), I have no comparison.

The new SSAO feature does gobble performance, but then again, Minecraft doesn't even have that, so that's not a fair comparison :P And you can just leave it off if it turns out to be a problem.

• 2 months later...

I average a steady 72 FPS with a GTX 1050Ti and HIGH graphics settings when playing v1.13.4.  GPU load spends most of its time in the 80-90% band when actively moving and doing things.

My Ryzen 5 1600 lopes along with load mostly in the 15-20% bracket, so CPU is definitely not the bottleneck.  (cpu.userbenchmark.com rates the R5 1600 as quite similar to the i5 3470 when it comes to gaming performance — make of that what you will.)

Edited by voxhaul

19 minutes ago, voxhaul said:

(cpu.userbenchmark.com rates the R5 1600 as quite similar to the i5 3470 when it comes to gaming performance — make of that what you will.)

I'd advise against citing userbenchmark for anything, as it has an awful reputation for intentionally falsifying results. Some hardware enthusiast forums outright ban linking to them. If you're fluent in German, I can recommend an article - if not, I'm sure you can find one in your language of choice.

A Ryzen R5 1600 typically matches an Intel i7-3770K in gaming, roughly, perhaps pulling ever so slightly ahead depending on the use case. The smaller i5 will perform worse. But for Vintage Story specifically, it should still be plenty, as the game does not require that much CPU power to begin with.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.