Future dangerous water just annoying now...

Torondor the Builder

Torondor’s questions of the day #2:

Can something be done about the strength of “flowing” water blocks?  Or can they be more visible to the eye or more noticeable when fixed?   
“I created a “well” in my fort and I also had a pond in my pig pen.  In both cases, the excavation of the second depth of block created such flowing water downward that my player could not climb out of the water and would have drowned if that were a mechanic in the game.  Similarly my pigs got stuck in the pond and it took a great deal of effort to rescue them and fix the pond to just one block in depth.”

I second the suggestion for more visible water. The Minecraft direction of more transparent water is not a good one. Yes, water is transparent, but water out in nature is rarely the crystal clear transparency these two games make them out to be. Less transparency please. Natural pond water is mucky.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is a minor tangent, but I agree that surface water should generally be more visible. I'd still like to be able to see into shallow waters, but right now it's nearly invisible and makes bobbing up and down on the surface a bit weird looking. I think it would be neat if cave water was still super-clear, though.

On 10/5/2020 at 9:43 PM, Brandybuck said:

I second the suggestion for more visible water. The Minecraft direction of more transparent water is not a good one. Yes, water is transparent, but water out in nature is rarely the crystal clear transparency these two games make them out to be. Less transparency please. Natural pond water is mucky.

actually where I lived in Florida the water was in deed crystal clear. you could see very deep and due to how clear it is sometimes it's hard to judge just how deep it really in is some places. there is nothing wrong with clear water.

that being said, the current issue with the flowing water being of such force if you get into it mainly a downward flow it is nearly impossible to get out. you need to mine the ground around you until you can finally get out or block it off.

I have no problem with the color of the water or the transparency but the flow strength could maybe use a little tweaking.

that being said being launched 20-30 blocks away by falling dirt when trying to climb a cliff side is also something I think should be reduced a little. I feel the force that you're launched by falling dirt is a bit too much.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.