Various Bugs On Mac

ACE

Hello I have found some bugs on the mac release for this game. 

1) The game is not optimized and does not run well for mac. 

2) In game the mouse curser will not be in focus of the window and move outside of the game window after attempting to move.

The mac is on OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6, the specs are:

1.6 GHz Intel Core i5,

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

It can run Minecraft well, even with many mods having no problem. 

hi @ACE, thanks for the feedback, I've just released 1.5.0.2 which should fix the mouse issues.

The performance issues probably come from the retina display having a very high resolution. For this there is now also a Resolution slider in the graphics settings. If you put it at 50% your game should run better again.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the video. There's 2 ways to go about this, I'm happy with both ways, only depends whats you'd prefer

• You can request a refund and perhaps far in the future I come across some hardware where i can reproduce this bug

• We begin a somewhat arduous path of finding this issue. It would require me to make a a special build for you that print debug information to narrow down the cause of the issue, and probably repeat that a few times. The success chance to finding and fixing it is likely to be decent, but not 100%. 

If you alright with doing quite some testing I'll go ahead and make the special build. Let me know! 

Right, forgot to response. Can you run the game, walk around for a while like you did in the video (also do some block breaking please), then send me the client-debug.txt please. That file now contains extra information on the key press events. 

Thanks! Hm, its a bit hard to read, could you do only the following actions for me, in short strokes (order doesn't matter):

Walk forward
Walk left
Walk right
Walk backwards
Jump + walk forward
Jump + walk left
Break a block
Place a block

Walk forward + left
Walk forward + right

Then exit and send me the client-debug.txt again please.

Like this:

Reason for this: I am currently trying to find out if the keystrokes correctly arrive in the game engine in order to find out if the game engine is the problem or a 3rd party library (OpenTK)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.