Custom Skin Issues

So I've started making my own skin, as in the first picture(ignore the sword, I fixed that already).

But I ran into an issue with any armor or clothing showing up like the second picture(Fresh install); I even deleted everything related to VS and it shows up like this... 

I tried messing with some .json files involving armor, wearables, seraph, etc. and using the model maker to see if I messed up a texture path or something, but no dice. That's why I decided to uninstall and reinstall just incase I did any real damage, nothing changed in-game though.

I did see that trying to load helmets in the model creator will cause it to say it's missing it's background model, and I can manually select seraph and then it[model creator] works normally, I think... dunno if ti's normal or not.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

2020-11-02_20-03-29.thumb.png.c57e27058a11668c10de5303c1105ef0.png

2020-11-02_22-06-45.thumb.png.e6956d1135af5ef747a546d7a21b225a.png

Edited by Lemniscate_Mike
Spelling.

• 2 weeks later...

@Lemniscate_Mike I'm not great at modding myself, but I'd ask if you're just modifying the seraph skin texture, or other things as well?  I don't know why just modifying the seraph skin texture would affect clothing.   If you're modifying files directly in the game folders, rather than making a mod of it, it'd make me wonder if you accidentally messed with some other files...

What version are you on?  You may want to hold off on this till 1.14 drops, if you're not already using the 1.14 pre-releases.  1.14 will change a lot of character appearance related stuff anyway.  

On 11/11/2020 at 10:12 AM, redram said:

@Lemniscate_Mike I'm not great at modding myself, but I'd ask if you're just modifying the seraph skin texture, or other things as well?  I don't know why just modifying the seraph skin texture would affect clothing.   If you're modifying files directly in the game folders, rather than making a mod of it, it'd make me wonder if you accidentally messed with some other files...

What version are you on?  You may want to hold off on this till 1.14 drops, if you're not already using the 1.14 pre-releases.  1.14 will change a lot of character appearance related stuff anyway.  

Thanks for the reply! 

I must've changed something else, because I started with a fresh install and just replaced the skin file and it worked fine.

I have decided to wait until 1.14 for more skin stuff though; might not even need a mod for skins after!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.