Fix Roads

DArkHekRoMaNT

Added some fixes for vanilla roads:

• Fixed stairs rotation textures (texture rotated with shape)
  • Fixed collusion and selection box (has animals bug)
  • Added the bottom part of the texture to visually connect the textures with the bottom block (when placing the road on the road / stairs on the full block, free space / bottom block was visible)
  • Changed stairs shape to lowered
  • Added the snow level to blocks and slabs (vanilla 1.14.3+)
  • For compatibility, vanilla roads are saved as Old stone path with the ability to convert. Also they have a full block shape
    and can be chiselled :P
     (below 1.14.3 only)
Spoiler

2020-11-03_14-16-15.thumb.png.221f76332252b2f6146a3efd8ba27f38.png

2020-11-03_14-15-12.thumb.png.df555704a9f003487376086cc9f0d316.png

Warn! Vanilla road doesn't have snow/free variants. At first time you start the existing world, you will be prompted to remap. Or you can skip the remap, all stone paths will become Old stone path. (below 1.14.3 only)

Download: ModDB or GitHub

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
  • Like 4

• DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Fix Roads v1.1.2 (now with snow!)
  • DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Fix Roads v1.1.3 (now with snow!)
  • DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Fix Roads v1.1.4 (fixed animals bug)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DArkHekRoMaNT changed the title to Fix Roads v1.1.4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 1:15 AM, DArkHekRoMaNT said:

Warn! Vanilla road doesn't have snow/free variants. At first time you start the existing world, you will be prompted to remap. Or you can skip the remap, all stone paths will become Old stone path.

That's very interesting. Let's say I wanted to split my own roads into snow/free variants without destroying all the existing ones. Would that be possible?

49 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

That's very interesting. Let's say I wanted to split my own roads into snow/free variants without destroying all the existing ones. Would that be possible?

If you want to replace all stonepath with snow/free variants, perform a remap (the game will offer when starting in the existing world). If you don't want to, the roads will become "Old stone path". This was primarily added for compatibility. For example, the generated structures will have old paths, because they use the vanilla version of game:stonepath.

This only applies to existing paths in the world and inventories. If you craft them, they will be game:stonepath-free, but you also can recraft them into game:stonepath (Old stone path)

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant the roads from my More Roads mod. Currently they're like vanilla roads and don't get snowed on, but I might want to change that.
But given that they're the same shape as vanilla roads and would therefore be hidden in the snow... I'm not totally certain. This seems intentional to me.

Edited by l33tmaan

Are your paths made as variants of the vanilla path? FixRoads is actually rewriting it rather than adding its own. If you are using vanilla path for your variants, this is not good. But If you don't use it, then there shouldn't be any problems. All shapes other than vanilla are in the fixroads domain and do not change vanilla in any way.

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT

No, no, I've added my own roads, but they don't currently have snow and free variants. If I add those variants in, then it would break any of my existing roads since they wouldn't have those variants, right? That's bad. I would prefer it if when someone installed the next version of More Roads, it overwrote the old non-snow roads with the new, snowy roads so people don't have giant swathes of ? blocks going from one village to another.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Snow doesn't appear to accumulate on any gravel path tiles in 1.16.5. What's weird, though, is that the snow level seems to be tracked...just not displayed. In a game with the mod enabled, I'll see no snow on any of my pathing, but after logging out to disable the mod, the paths will already be covered in snow the moment I log back in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.