How do you make a mod?

Sukotto82

I want to make a small mod that adds a saw recipe to flint and obsidian knapping.

it would require a new item "flint/Obsidian" respectively saw blade and saw so technically 4 new items. a new 3 new recipes. 2 saw blades 1 for flint and 1 for Obsidian. 2 new grid recipes 1 for flint and 1 for Obsidian Saw. durability would be the same ratio as any other flint or obsidian tool in comparison to it's copper counter part.

after all people were not melting metal before they were cutting wood.

There's a modding section here on the forums with three subforums, one of them dedicated to mod development.

To be fair, though, it's not the most well-frequented place. A big reason for that is the official Discord server, which has a very active modding help channel. If you have Discord or are at all willing to try, that's the place you should be looking at. Otherwise, ask here in the relevant subforum. Responses might be a little slower, but if you're patient you should still get replies.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks. been working on making a few mods already. grid crafting is very straightforward and easy. 

I'm having trouble with knapping recipes and clay forming recipes so I'll check out these links. thanks. sorry for the delayed response as I said I've been making mods already and troubleshooting some server greenhouse issues I'm not having in single player. so I haven't even visited the this in a few days.

thanks for your responses and I'll be checking those places out. the server I'm playing on often tell me to check on discord for trades and such so I guess it's time to figure out how discord works. 

thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.