Game load distance

DrEngine

What about game load distance ?

I suppose only loaded part of world is active so trees grow, animals breed etc... So if I want my saplings grow I need to have them in loaded distance. How much blocks is it ?

Or the world is active always ???

And what about food persistence? Does the load/unload world have any effect?

There is a loading range, which equals the view range you set in the video options.

However, many things that require time are actually tied to the ingame calendar. So if a sapling grows in 8 days, then this will happen regardless of it being loaded or not. It will check the calendar as soon as it next loads and will therefore realize if it should be fully grown.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It seems that animals' eating requires them to be loaded, so if you're trying to breed animals, they have remain loaded while you're tempting them with food.  This means your farms should be close enough to your living/working area at least long enough for them to consume all the food they need.

If I drop food for them in a trough and tear off to another part of the world expecting them to have bred in my absence, then when I return there's just a pile of food left in the trough (or sometimes a pile of rot).  Once they're pregnant, though, then the rest of the process seems to be on the calendar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.