Regional pricing or coupons

qweewqrty

Hello, I'm interested in Vintage Story, but current price is near to AAA project and for Russion Federation it is pretty costly. I read FAQ and found about coupons, but Google and this site bring me nothing else about it. So, my question is - will it be some kind of regional pricing or coupons in near future, coz right now i just can't afford it. May be I'm wrong, and this game already in near AAA state, but I can't find this out until I buy it ^^

When the faq mentions coupons, it's in the context of an streamer.  So Tyron might give them a code for 20% discount for the first 20 takers or something.  And the streamer hands out that code as part of their stream.  But to my knowledge Tyron doesn't hand out individual coupons.  So you might try convincing a Russian streamer to do vintage story.

• 4 weeks later...

Vintage Story costs less than 25% of a cheaper AAA title.

And as i understand that part in the FAQ, you may get VS for less than the regular price if you buy 20+ accounts (you'd still have to pay for all of them), regardless of being a streamer or not, that maybe interesting for testing plus a giveaway for some gaming magazine for example, not sure who else would buy 20+ accounts at once.

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, Hal13 said:

Vintage Story costs less than 25% of a cheaper AAA title.

And as i understand that part in the FAQ, you may get VS for less than the regular price if you buy 20+ accounts (you'd still have to pay for all of them), regardless of being a streamer or not, that maybe interesting for testing plus a giveaway for some gaming magazine for example, not sure who else would buy 20+ accounts at once.

So i know that it was 3 months ago but, in Russia it costs 65% of AAA title (cyberpunk in this case), which is why the guy asked about regional pricing. Even if comparing to cheaper AAA games it still costs too much. For example it's cheaper to buy witcher 3. 

Edited by For The Jerusalem

introducing regional pricing would need geoblocking too. Valve just got fined with 1.6 million euro for doing so inside the EEA (and some publishers did get fines up to close under 2 millions too), adding regional pricing and geoblocking therefore would mean you'd need (more than only) a person following all the news around trade laws worldwide...

Edited by Hal13

24 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Wow, that geoblocking thing sounds scary.

depends on if you have enough lawyers to comply with laws everywhere (mostly free trade agreements and such) or enough money to just wait for complaints and lawsuits, seemingly it is even encouraged for some purposes, like content not being available everywhere, lizensing stuff...

Edited by Hal13
  • Sad 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.