Deleted

Spear and Fang

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Can these stairs be placed, uh... like an L-shape from above instead of from the side? I hope that makes sense.

Ha!  I'm not sure if I understand the question - and I barely understand the logic.  Maybe this picture helps...  

1.jpg.3bcd1f4e3ed77fe32eaa9f869a2f2b37.jpg

Near the end of the logic, I focus on what's already sitting in the two spots closest to you that are adjacent to where you are about to place the block.

If there's an upside down regular stair placed FIRST (in either or both of those spots), and the angle between where you're standing and the target spot is even remotely close to 45 degrees) it will put an outside corner next to it (whether you're above or below).  You would still have to target the top half of a block to flip the outside corner upside down (like where my crosshairs are pointing).

Maybe that's the answer you're looking for?

Edited by Spear and Fang

I'm almost certain that stairs can't do that in Vanilla.  Is that even a vanilla minecraft thing?

It's easy to rotate a stair like that in my code, but I can't wrap my brain around how I'd decide that the block needs to be rotated like that based on your picture.

Edited by Spear and Fang

On 11/26/2020 at 8:36 AM, l33tmaan said:

I'll take whatever you can give me because stairs like that are vital to making stone forts look right, IMO.
Really, any functionality from Carpenter's Blocks is highly welcome. 

Well here it is.  Not Carpenter's Blocks by any means, but improved logic (I can understand it now!) and an auto rotate and sneak click to rotate to flip regular stairs on their side.  Also fixed a bug.  Added another video because it's a little confusing!

• Mind=blown 1

When saving and exiting the game in single player 1.14.2 upon re-entry to the game stairs placed from better stairs are randomly rotated to a different orientation, Has any one else had this issue? I think it has something to do with snowfall as I did not have this problem unto it started to snow.

Edited by Fluffems

@FluffemsWell that's embarrassing!  Yes, it's the snow that did that.  I'll work on an updated version right now and should have it for you tonight.  Don't try and fix them in game, the update should just sort that out for you.  In hindsight I really should have tested them in snow too.  I might have to rename the mod to "Worser Stairs".

Thanks! Thankfully I didn't have a lot ATM I did notice though that when I tried to clear the snow off the block it would break the stairs and drop the block but I could clear the snow and by placing a block on top of the stairs and they would revert to their original position.

PS. Thank you for the mod it has saved me a lot of chisel time :3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.