Labels and flags

heptagonrus

It would be nice to have a better way of labeling chests. Current signs, if placed in front of chest, make it hard to click on the chest itself. And if placed near chest, on a block to the right/left - it takes double the space.
E.g. a small paper label, with bright background and dark text for contrast, about 3-4 voxels in height and about 8-12 in length. Allowing much less text than signs.
May be made of paper or cloth. Or maybe from brass, so can be obtained in mid-game only.

Another thing which might be nice - flags or banners. Might be useful for multiplayer servers, to let people mark their builds and areas. And for decorations. Ideally something allowing to have complex emblems.
For starters maybe ability to color the flag and write short text on it would be enough.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I know this is an older suggestion, but having now placed the grand total of one sign on a chest, I wish to second this:

"It would be nice to have a better way of labeling chests. Current signs, if placed in front of chest, make it hard to click on the chest itself. "

I mean, I can click around the edges, and I've since turned the chest into a trunk, but still, it would be nice to be able to click anywhere on the front of the chest - or the sign - and have the chest open.

I hope that this part is still planned:
"Made this already a while ago so hopefully coming soon! ^_^"

Although I see that there is a mod. out now, for anyone who wishes to use it (I haven't tried, but it looks fine):

5 minutes ago, TheDancingFox said:

I mean, I can click around the edges, and I've since turned the chest into a trunk, but still, it would be nice to be able to click anywhere on the front of the chest - or the sign - and have the chest open.

Just place a sign and a chest in the crafting grid and you get a "labeled chest". It doesn't work with the new trunks yet, but I'm sure that will be added sometime soon-ish as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.