Healing mechanics

caffeine9999

My 2 cents regarding healing mechanics.

Currently there are 2 means of healing: slow automatic healing over time and immediate healing from poultices. Immediate healing feels a bit arcade-y to me. What I suggest is to replace immediate healing from poultices with temporary healing speed multiplication. Say, horsetail poultice should give non-stackable +400% healing speed bonus for 2 hours, honey-sulfur poultice could give +600% for 3 hours etc. Maybe they could give a minuscle +0.5 or +1 hp immediately (again, non-stackable). IMO it would greatly benefit immersion.

Also, sleeping in beds would give a healing speed bonus, different for different bed types. It looks rather natural that staying in bed improves healing speed.

Furthermore, we could throw satiation into equation. E.g. well-fed (>60% sat) would give +25% to healing speed, starved (<15%) would give -25% etc

What do you think?

• Amazing! 1

I do think it's very weird that standing around for 8 hours will heal you, but sleeping for 8 hours... doesn't? What's the logic there?
This sounds a lot like how most mods "fixed" potion usage in Skyrim. At least in VS you can't pause the game while you heal yourself, but I agree, some more detailed healing would be nice, and the current method is unnecessarily arcade-y. I don't mind that, I just thing immediate healing should be more of a mid to late game feature. I'm sure we could make up some kind of eldritch healing spell or potion or something. 

2 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I do think it's very weird that standing around for 8 hours will heal you, but sleeping for 8 hours... doesn't? What's the logic there?

Not sure I understand this one. Currently both sleeping and being awake automatically heals. What I suggest is to give some bonus healing during bedtime. Say, staying awake heals you at X hp/min, sleeping heals for 1.5X hp/min

It's already the case that you have to have a minimum satiation level to heal, iirc. 

But yes, the long term plan is for poultices to heal over time, rather than instantly.  Healing tends to progress in baby steps.  It used to be that vegetables and berries healed you, just by eating them.  Then vegetables were dropped, about the time honey came in and healed you, iirc.   Then berries were dropped, I think around a year ago.  And I forget it honey still does or not.  But it's kind of a long slow progression of getting more and more detailed.  Hopefully the homesteading update will finally bring disinfectant (alcohol) into the mix!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.