Backpacks, linen bags, baskets should be able to be placed in chests

TheEnlightenedOne

I ran into the unfortunate situation where i didn't realize items are stored in baskets, and when you remove the basket- you also remove those items. I had to get a skep and I threw a basket on the ground because I don't believe they can be placed anywhere or stored- not realizing it was carrying my tin bronze stuff (that I spent weeks in game looking for tin for) in that basket. I am beyond pissed, and I do blame myself for being so careless, but i think its a waste in the end to not be able to at least store empty containers in chests (because what would I do when I get linen sacks and then want to transport skeps).

If there is already a fix in game for this, please let me know.

Thank you,

ThEO

wait, last time i checked at least as long as you keep the bag in your inventory the contents are not lost. i tried with a bit of dry grass in a basket because i wasn't sure anymore, but maybe one of the mods i use changed something.

And you definitely can store empty containers in chests i know i have a world where i did exactly that, after i had no use for the baskets anymore (because i got my hands on linen bags).

In my newest world i was lucky and had lots of animals and chalk around spawn, i went right from baskets to leather backpacks.

TheEnlightenedOne: simply open your inventory, take the basket (or bag/sack) and check your inventory what part of it dissappears and if that part has some items. Put basket (bag/sack) immediately back and eventually take items from it. 
It is not possible to put not-empty basket/sack/bag into inventory because it'd raise the capacity of your inventory limitless...

I will say that they should make it a bit more intuitive. 
I thought that the right most basket would hold the items for what's in the bottom most section of your inventory. But it doesn't seem to always be the case. I struggle to figure it out sometimes, and just rely on throwing all of my items on the floor, tossing the empty basket, and then picking everything up again. 

Also, in a somewhat unrelated note, would be cool if you could place backpacks/baskets on the floor so that they act as chests. 

Edited by Mikel Monleón

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.