Restock of Trader Goods

Hovdavic

what's the dynamic for traders to restock/change up their inventories? For example, I go to an Artisan, buy all his tapestries, sell him everything I can and he is left with a few items and a few gears. The interaction window shows red X's through all the stuff I bought him out of, and all the stuff I met his/her demand for. So what I am wanting to know is how does his inventory get restocked? Is it based on a timer? (x number of hrs/days) Also, is there a threshold for number of items bought/sold to trigger a restock? Does the trader randomly change up his/her inventory even if I don't buy anything (like if 2 months pass between visits) Any general or specific information regarding this dynamic is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Traders get a new random selection of buy offers and sell offers every couple days... roughly 5-7 in my experience. It is not always the same time, it varies.

You can see the time to next restock at the top of the trader window.

There is no threshold to trigger a restock, as the traders simply get new offers after this time, over and over. You cannot influence this in any way.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It's not a bug, it's just displayed in a really unfortunate way. When it says "in 1 days", it actually means "in less than 2 days". So it could mean as much as 1d 23h 59m.

The display will eventually switch from "in 1 days" to "in less than a day". That is when it's actually less than 24 hours remaining.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.