The Wilderlands-1.16* (PVE)

Thalius

WForumHeader.png.ebab9ee5cf5be03ff5e734cccca61f1a.png
𝐀 𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝,
𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬' 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝:

• A rugged world: 30% increase in trees and brush, and 512 block world height.  Dense forests and striking mountain ranges.
  • No map functions: Map, mini-map, and coordinates have been disabled. Lost in the Wilds mod has also removed access to way-point list and coordinate details from all sources.  In their place, a compass mod has been added to help with navigation.
  • Drifter overhaul: These are not your vanilla variety drifters. Altered ai, leaping attacks, altered attack timing, "rage-mode", larger and beefier.. not to be taken lightly. Oh.. and all but nightmare drifters can spawn anywhere in the game world in near zero lighting, so watch yourself around cave entrances, even in daylight.
  • Totally re-worked cave and cavern generation via Lands of Chaos mod, along with occasional cave-ins.  Caves also have expanded locust infestations and types. See Lands of Chaos mod page and our Discord server for details.
  • Market trade stall functionality via Trade-O-Mat mod.
  • Hunger rate reduced by 25%.
  • 30 day months.
  • One game-day lasts 6 real-life hours. 4 game-days per real day, and 30 game-day months. One full game year last three real-life months, but pass faster the more nights are slept through.
  • 12 player slots, with plans to increase as needed.
  • Time passes in-game.

The server is lightly modded. 
The goal of the server is to remain as close to the vanilla content of the game as possible, and so any mods that we add are very carefully chosen. 

Vintage Story was made with modding in mind, to easily allow for customizing your game experience as desired.  Also, the game is still in development.  With those two things in mind, mods are carefully chosen to do two things: To fill in for under-developed aspects of current game development, and/or to customize the server to create a challenging but balanced Wilderlands experience.  We aim to keep the number of mods we use to a minimum, but are not averse to adding a mod if it is deemed to fit the vision for the server and does not cause significant performance issues.

For full details on server settings, click the spoiler tab:

Spoiler
  • Explore a huge world- 1mill x 1mill blocks in size.
  • Pole to equator distance set at 25k.
  • 12 player slots, with intention to increase slots as server needs desire, with a goal to have max of 30 slots. Server hosted by Citadel hosting services.
  • Lightly modded server. You can find links and details in our Discord page: https://discord.gg/DgwfgsSbr5
  • Map has been completely disabled, as well as coordinate and way-point system via the Lost in the Wild mod. Al navigation is done via use of compasses and landmarks.
  • More dangerous foes. With permission from Mr1k3, a modified version of the Better Drifters mod has been added to the server.  Loot drops slightly decreased (but still improved over default settings), Spawn mechanics overhauled, as well as much of the drifter ai. Spawn rates are decreased for higher tier drifters, but all drifters are more deadly and harder to avoid. Engage with care. See our Discord server for full details.
  • Altered animal behavior, via the Wilderlands Ethology mod. Hunting big game in particular is more of a challenge.
  • Primitive Survival mod added, allowing for trapping and fishing, among other things.
  • Market stall trade mechanics added that allow for trade even when players are not present or even online. (Via the Trade-O-Mat mod). Rusty gears as main currency.
  • A measured pace- 6 hour long game days, yielding 4 days per 24hrs.  Plenty of daylight or dark, depending on where you settle. Nights and winters are very long as you near the polar regions.
  • 30 day months.  With the reduced server clock, this means each season lasts about 3 weeks.  Discounting any sleeping to pass nights more quickly, this means about three real life months for a full game year.
  • Tree and bush spawn rate increased 30%
  • Player health points increased to 35 (Result is that your character is tougher over-all with regard to damage incurred by environment- starvation, freezing, falling, etc, and hostile critters deal a bit more damage. Pick your battles with care),
  • Hunger rate reduced by 25%  With the slowing down of the server clock, this was needed as hunger speeds did not feel like they adjusted fully with the slower passage of time.
  • Block gravity effects sand, gravel AND soil, (so watch your step on those steep hillsides, and cob is your new best friend)
  • Microblock chiseling has been enabled for most blocks
  • Propick Node search set to 8
  • Land claiming is available
  • Time passes when empty. Given the world clock has been slowed down though, food spoilage rates and such have also been expanded a reasonable time.  An unsealed crock of food stored in a proper pantry, for example, lasts about  30-ish game days, which is about 5 real life days (depending on if nights are skipped by players sleeping on the server).

All other game settings have been left at default.  Again, see our Discord server for complete details on these and other changes.

If this sounds intriguing to you, feel free to join us on our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/DgwfgsSbr5
Or drop me a note here in the forums. I check back here often.

Looking forward...
~TH~

WilderlandsLogoA.png.141645b8a4f70d3ee4dbed9a50848ecb.png

Edited by Thalius
Server updated to 1.15.7

• Thalius changed the title to The Wilderlands- 1.14.7 Server (PVE)

WForumHeader.png.c41c627b428accb8dfa5de0dc8765bba.png

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭
Upon logging in, you will find yourself at Hogsfoot, the spawn-village. There you will find safety while you get on your feet, and plenty of player-run shops in the area offering their wares to help you get started.

2021-10-28_15-17-17.thumb.png.de3587b2eca105abaf7ef0cc3bdc91c2.png

2021-10-28_22-22-13.thumb.png.2b5629c620df826c9d3b013baf9b7c00.png2021-10-28_22-21-28.thumb.png.01f9b7f96bc0638f56e6e890e3b20d06.png2021-10-28_22-21-49.thumb.png.2a857b9f1c201e816e69372f536e19d3.png

2021-10-28_22-21-57.thumb.png.73acb14e7c2151c9dc3badd613f28690.png2021-10-28_22-24-49.thumb.png.8e6d5e440e8c09bc1cca2f8dbde0c173.png2021-10-28_22-25-35.thumb.png.058ba5906c5d90b7a61fe9acd9e3388b.png

You will find many other shops and impressive builds in the area, from player's private homes to public structures. Some have private trade booths set up, so be sure to look around. Whatever you are looking for, it is likely someone is offering it. If you can't find something you need, just ask.

2021-10-28_22-25-17.thumb.png.30af11715defbf8497703e42c3f3c019.png~2021-10-28_15-21-44.thumb.png.2d06f337bffb8fd1326e324b12695524.png

WilderlandsLogoA.png.e71592249204e1eaa2b2d113336d0b2a.png

Edited by Thalius

• Thalius changed the title to The Wilderlands- 1.14.8 Server (PVE)

Greetings!

The Wilderlands server has been updated to the current stable version (1.14.8). 

Currently there are 18 players whitelisted into the server, but we are not yet experiencing any crowding issues.  A few of us are on fairly regularly throughout the day with others joining from time to time.  The player population is pretty spread out at the moment, but not too far from spawn.

Around the spawn area a village setting is slowly unfolding, but much of the world remains untouched.  So far there are a lot of lone wolves, you might say, but I expect that in time small villages will spring up around the various outposts that have been set up by the early player base.  Now is a good time to join if you enjoy a more measured pace and a smaller but active Vintage Story community.

Hope to see some of you in the Wilderlands soon...

~TH~

If you would like to know more, feel free to ask. You may also want to consider joining our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/DgwfgsSbr5

Edited by Thalius

Greetings! 

A quick update on a few changes to the server settings...

After a few weeks of playing around on the settings listed in the OP, we decided to slow the clock down to allow for 4hour long game days.  This gives about 6 game days per 24hr period. This allows for a much more relaxing time for players working long stretches during the daylight, and more time in the dark for those that enjoy dealing with the things that go bump in the night.

Tree sapling growth has also been adjusted to 45 days rather than 90, leaving the same amount of real life time required to spawn new trees, but halving the in game day requirement.

That is all for now.

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

Don't let our fourth or fifth place on the forum multiplayer thread fool you.
The Wilderlands is alive and well. The other larger server threads keep bumping us down.
No hard feelings though. A little friendly competition on the boards is good for moral. ;)

Greetings!
We have updated the original post, with some new details.

Also, spring has sprung! 
With the slower passing of the game year (two full months for one year to pass), this is a big deal!

If you have been thinking about exploring the Wilderlands and think you might be up to the challenge, now is a great time to begin.

.Looking forward to seeing you there.

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

Pondering next moves at The Mountain Home....

Pondering next moves at the MntHome.png

ValleyOverlook.png

Hated losing this place when we reset the server long ago... Keeping the pics here for memory's sake.

Working on another similar project on the newer server, and all is going well... Pics to come at a later time. ;)

Edited by Thalius
  • Like 4

Greetings!
Another update for The Wilderlands...

Big changes!

We have changed hosting services!  Since it's start, The Wilderlands has been using the VS hosting services that have been in testing phase. I want to say that the Vintage Story hosting service that will go live soon has been fantastic.  For families and small friend groups, it will serve its purpose well.  Thank you to Tyron and the gang for bringing that service to the Vintage Story experience!

The Wilderlands is acquiring a community that will require a few things not yet available via the VS hosting service though- larger player slot options for one. I know VS hopes to offer that down the road as demand grows, but The Wilderlands needs the expanded slots now.  One day, hopefully, the Wilderlands can return to hosting by Vintage Story.  We'll be keeping our eyes on progress there! ;)

The hosting change affords us the ability to do a few things- namely, increased player slots.  The server now has 12 player slots, with ability to expand as server needs demand.  Max of 30 slots is a loose goal.  Server is still whitelisted, and you will need to join our Discord page for that.  https://discord.gg/DgwfgsSbr5

Server is now also lightly modded! This allows us to scale back the mapping function in the game to make wilderness exploration a bit more dangerous and complicated, since you can get lost now, but without removing all navigation helps altogether, so it is a little bit easier than it otherwise would be to get un-lost.  We have also added the Tradeomat mod for an added, and strongly desired, mechanism for secure, 24/7 trade availability.  Links to the needed mods are also on our Discord page, or can be found with a little effort in the game forums.

See the OP for all the details, which I updated a short while ago.

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

Hi Thalius,

I usually avoid mods for various reasons, so I'm quite interested in your lightly-modded world. My friend (Ory) and I are new players, but we like figuring things on our own. We don't really know how things will turn out, but we hope to enjoy a hard survival and constructive long-term experience with your community. Please tell us how to join your server if you're OK with us.

Washidukami and Ory (both are game and forum account names)

1 hour ago, Washidukami said:

Hi Thalius,

I usually avoid mods for various reasons, so I'm quite interested in your lightly-modded world. My friend (Ory) and I are new players, but we like figuring things on our own. We don't really know how things will turn out, but we hope to enjoy a hard survival and constructive long-term experience with your community. Please tell us how to join your server if you're OK with us.

Washidukami and Ory (both are game and forum account names)

Glad to have you both join the Wilderlands community.  Many things are still in the beginning stages, but things are moving steadily.  I spoke with Ory in Discord and I understand you can't join us there. I'll message you via the forums if I need to reach you directly and I don't see you in the game, but will otherwise pass anything else along through Ory. Feel free to message me directly as well if you have any questions or issues arise.

May you survive long and prosper. ;)

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

Spawn rate of drifters, bells and locusts were increased after community discussion on the subject of making the Wilderlands a more enjoyable and challenging experience. 50% boost to drifter spawn rate.  Bells and locusts will also spawn a bit more frequently.

See OP for more details.

Welcome to a more dangerous world...

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

• 2 weeks later...

~A Wilderlands Update~

Server has been updated to version 1.14.10!

In addition, a few significant adjustments have been made to the server world:

• With permission from Mr1k3, a modified version of the Better Drifters mod has been added to the server.  Loot drops slightly decreased (but still improved over default settings), deep drifters can climb anywhere, deep and corrupt drifters take no fall damage, tainted drifters are large enough to hit a target on a two block pillar but are too big to move through narrow passages, nightmare drifters are slightly faster, and tainted through nightmare drifters have a longer attack range almost on par with a player's longsword range due to basically wielding weapons themselves.
  • Use of coins as currency has been disabled in the tradeomat mod.  Server economy is based entirely on rusty gears and trading resources for resources. Loot drop improvements to drifters makes it a bit easier to attain rusty gears.  Even new players with minimal gear can acquire currency right off, if they are willing to kill for it.
  • Compass mod has been added to the server, and ALL MAP FUNCTIONS HAVE BEEN DISABLED. This means no coordinate system or mini map. All navigation in game is done via use of compass and landmarks.

The Wilderlands aims to be a VS community built around challenging exploration with dynamic combat and strong economic elements, all while holding as close as possible to the vanilla Vintage Story building, crafting, and world gen experience.  The recent changes have been made with those goals in mind.

Further tweaks and improvements have also been made, and more may follow. Join our Discord channel for full details: https://discord.gg/DgwfgsSbr5

See you in the Wilderlands...
~TH~

Edited by Thalius

1 hour ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

whats your ip?

.The Wilderlands server can be found in the list of public servers in your client->multiplayer->public servers page in the list of whitelisted servers. 
Being that it is whitelisted, you will need to be added to the server to get access  For that, join our Discord forum if at all possible.

8 hours ago, Kai Effelsberg said:

Yeah, im just asking because i like to have that info for the server browser at www.vintagestory.online

Ah, understood.
I was actually going to send a message to have the server listed there, once I have a screenshot and possibly a server logo of sorts.  Working on that in the next day or two.

• Thalius changed the title to The Wilderlands- 1.14.10 Server (PVE)
  • 2 weeks later...

Spring has sprung in the Wilderlands!

If you don't know how the server's time passes, it takes approx. two full real life months to pass one full game year.

The arrival of spring is a significant event, and a great time to get started if you've been thinking about joining the WIlderlands!

Some other exciting things on the horizon as well. ;)

Look forward to seeing some of you there...

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.