Useful Stuff

jakecool19

This mod contains a whole bunch of my crazy ideas and experiments.

Wicker Shield

Spoiler

The wicker shield can offer early game protection, especially against surface drifters and wolves.

Sluice

Spoiler

The sluice ramp can separate rocks and valuables from any pannable soil/block, meaning you do not have to spend hours knee-deep in water filling your inventory with junk to find valuables. To use the ramp first you need a small current of water, the lowest current it will go to. Put the ramp below it and if you placed it right you should see water flow down. Place a hopper on top and fill it with pannable soils, like sand, gravel, etc, and voila! Items separated fall out the front of it. Keep in mind it only gives potentially one item per block vs panning potential eight.

Tent Bag

Spoiler
The tentbag allows the player to create a temporary structure and carry it around with them, making a nomadic lifestyle even in the most hostile terrain possible.
  • Create a structure within a 7X3X7 area and right-click the block underneath the structure in the center to pack it up
  • There must not be banned blocks in the area(rock, static translocators, etc.)
  • Containers and Item piles will drop their contents upon packing
  • To unpack you need solid 7X7 ground and a completely clear 7X3X7 area above that
  • Right-click on the block underneath the center to deploy
  • It costs 100 saturation to pack up and unpack a tent

Climbing Pick:

Spoiler

These amazing climbing tools allow you to climb any block or surface. It can only be made from iron+ materials and requires that you have two, one in each hand in order to climb. Climbing with these will slowly damage them over time, and they can be repaired by the Necessaries Grindstone. Will not work near a boss.

Glider

Spoiler

This crudely put together flying contraption can help transverse mountainous areas much faster. Much caution and care must be taken not to land too hard or land in the wrong spot.

General Usage:

• Jump off a cliff or ledge with the glider in hand to glide. Look where you want to go and press space to stop and fall normally. Do not hold space.
  • Looking down will cause you to descend faster but gain much more horizontal speed. Aiming towards the horizon will cause you to descend slower, while looking up will slow you down horizontally and even make you go backwards
  • Looking too far up or too far down will cause you to stall, losing all your momentum and crashing to the ground.
  • The wind can have a huge affect on your gliding experience. Flying with it will have you zooming through the air, while flying against it will have you moving at a snails pace.
  • There are updrafts all over the world and will help you with sustained flight.
  • Gliders cannot be used in caves.
  • There are many different options in the config to change how the glider flies.

Bendy Chutes

Spoiler

Setting up chutes and need an orientation the game did not support? No more of that with bendy chutes!

• Crafted with two chute sections and a rusty gear
  • Will automatically snap to any other bendy chute or container

Tipped Arrows

Spoiler

Give your arrows a little more of a kick!

Explosive Arrows

• Crafted by placing an ore blasting bomb and arrow in crafting grid. Explodes on impact and destroys the arrow

Fire Arrows

• Crafted by placing a lit torch, fat, and an arrow into the crafting grid. Lights entities on fire upon impact and loses it's tip

Beenade Arrows

• Crafted by placing a filled beenade and arrow into the crafting grid. Releases 1-2 swarms of bees on impact and loses it's tip

Tranquilizer Arrows

• Crafted by placing an arrow, resin, and either a golden poppy or catmint in crafting grid. Slows target down by 10% per hit and multiple hits can stop them from moving. (Note: Hostile entities can still attack and jump). Lasts for 1 in game hour. Has no effect of mechanical mobs

Heart Stopper Arrows

• Crafted by placing an arrow, resin, death cap, and lily of the valley in the crafting grid. After 1 in game hour it deals 75% of the animals maximum health as damage. Effect does not stack. Has no effect on mechanical mobs

Pottery Kiln

Spoiler

This multi-block structure can cook multiple clay pieces at a time, using less time and resources than the pit kiln. First you have to craft a firebox from mudbricks. Then place it on the ground and right-click it. Use mudbricks to build it. All four air intakes and the vent must be clear in order for it to work. When finished building it place clay pieces on the floor inside around the vent and insert exactly 32 firewood, or 8 coal then ignite. By default, it will take 12 hours to bake everything. During this time you can not take/place items that were in before the process began. Also, items placed in after igniting will not burn. Finally breaking the structure or obstructing any of the air intakes or vent will stop the process. (Don't let grass grow in the vents). You will know it is finished when smoke no longer comes out the chimney.

Ceramic Tablet

Spoiler

The ceramic tablet can be used to write down the names of items and entities that are unique to you. Once you have a fired tablet, place it on the ground and right click with a pigment item to write a name. Once you are finished with the name, save and pick it up. To assign the name to an entity, shift-right click the entity. This will not work on traders or other players! To name an item stack first ctrl + shift + right click and you should see, a message pop up in the info log. Take the item you want to name and swap it with the tablet. You should see another message if it was successful. When naming a entity or item it will be erased from the tablet. A tablet with no name can be used for erasing names and you would do that the same way you name something. Note: For items the name will be lost if it is transformed, for example cooking meat. Also placing a named block will also lose its name. Finally some items cannot be named, like ores for example.

Chiseling Bench

Spoiler

The chiseling bench can be used to quickly add materials to a chiseling workpiece or return the blocks it was originally made from. To use place a chiseled block on top of the bench. To add a material, right-click the block you want to add with a chisel to first turn it into a chiseled block. Then pick it up, and right-click on the chisel bench to add that material to your workpiece. To restore a chiseled work back to its original blocks, simply shift right-click with a chisel on the bench and the blocks will drop on top of the bench. The block must be completely filled in, in order to revert to its regular form.

Other Features

Spoiler

Weapons Pack + Neccessaries

My patch I made for the weapon pack mod to allow it's weapons to be sharpened by Necessaries grindstone has been incorporated

Lantern Clip-on

Lanterns can be clipped on a backpack to free up your hands. The leftmost backpack must be a backpack item(hunter backpack, leather backpack, or the upgradeable backpacks from ABCS mod) and the lantern must be placed in the first inventory slot in the top left, it must be a vanilla lantern, Primitive Survival wooden lantern, or a MoreClasses lantern to work.

Other Changes:

• Pulverizer can break some rocks down into sand
  • Toolheads and tools can be grinded into metal bits in the quern. Metal tools will drop metal bits when they break
  • Clothes can be recycled for twine or leather
  • Flint can be used to make stone paths.

This is a WIP and as time goes on I will add more little things I come up with. Let me know of any suggestions/bugs and enjoy! 🛡️

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/25

Update History

See mod portal page for patch notes

Disclaimer: Please post any bug reports, suggestions, and feedback on the forum page of this mod. Anywhere else, such as Discord, will be ignored!

2021-02-09_20-30-51-min.png

Edited by jakecool19
Update 2.2.0
  • Like 4
  • Cookie time 1
  • Amazing! 2
  • Thanks 2

Love the sluice, its great. Panning was always rather dull and this turns it into more of a sorting activity(moving chests around, sorting items from trash). Small problem is the contents of the soils itself, which is definitely not your fault but vanilla. I have a feeling that you can churn out much more copper using this method than actually prospecting, So I propose a tiered sluice block that scales in durability and maybe even limits the rarity of the items that you can find. For example using an iron or steel mesh would let you retrieve delicate items from the sluice such as jewelry and gold nuggets, whereas a copper mesh would only net ore and stones.Also in general, the operation should take a little bit of time; Right now its really fast. Something to consider.

Just to add to above, some of the players on my server have gotten to try this out and most do agree that its extremely efficient. The hopper to feed it requires copper plates which is good in terms of progression, but using one of these for just a short while can let you skip right to bronze age with tin and copper being available as panning loot. Assuming you can get your hands on 3 copper plates or just ask to use it from another player.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:29 PM, jakecool19 said:

I'll change that to Wood, and I made muddy gravel like that as an alternative source of lime by crushing the shells.

Have you changed that yet? I still have a lot of muddy gravel, would like to convert it, but you get so much seed out that I couldn't keep it up by throwing it away. Maybe instead of seeds or wood you could get sand out? You can either let it sift again or use it for plaster

1 hour ago, Nozarati said:

Just to add to above, some of the players on my server have gotten to try this out and most do agree that its extremely efficient. The hopper to feed it requires copper plates which is good in terms of progression, but using one of these for just a short while can let you skip right to bronze age with tin and copper being available as panning loot. Assuming you can get your hands on 3 copper plates or just ask to use it from another player.

In the most recent update I have slowed down the sluice to only do 4 blocks per hours. How much copper and ore are you getting from the sluice? In my testing a stack of sand or gravel only yields 40-65 copper nuggets, and less than 10 of other nuggets.

1 hour ago, ThePionier said:

Have you changed that yet? I still have a lot of muddy gravel, would like to convert it, but you get so much seed out that I couldn't keep it up by throwing it away. Maybe instead of seeds or wood you could get sand out? You can either let it sift again or use it for plaster

Muddy gravel is not vanilla, this mod does not make blocks pannable. Muddy gravel is made pannable by my other mod Wild Farming, and the reason behind that was so that players had an alternative means of getting seeds such as rafflesia without having to travel kilometers to find a jungle.

I think the slowdown might do well here, will apply the update at earliest convenience. Like I said earlier the problem lies in how juicy vanilla sand and gravel blocks are and usually you have to wait for the panning process which sorta balances it out; but its not hard to get sand and nearly instant processing really speeds it up. This was a pic from one of my players.

You did the right thing by adding a slowdown. Panning should be a supplementary source of copper;not the main supply.

G4C2TiFtGDqiFEDhxu4T6L8SESZBg0EgrlTiKznElYwWWhMDSPACEQwAuGNn0a91LB6QSOrwYZPJhYRvIgcWosjoIhyiZKGeAyRD.png

Edited by Nozarati

15 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

Muddy gravel is not vanilla, this mod does not make blocks pannable. Muddy gravel is made pannable by my other mod Wild Farming, and the reason behind that was so that players had an alternative means of getting seeds such as rafflesia without having to travel kilometers to find a jungle.

I know it comes from the wild farming mod, you wrote above. You just said you'd turn it into wood. Because what seeds you got out of it was extreme, after 1 minute I had 5 chests full of seeds.

Maybe just lower the chances of getting fewer seeds.

I just tried the new version, the problem I see now is for players like me who don't have a standard time. My day lasts longer than the standard time, so 4 blocks in an hour are very little because the time goes by very slowly. Couldn't you do that with Modconfig? So that everyone can adjust how fast / how much is processed?

Edited by ThePionier
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nozarati said:

I think the slowdown might do well here, will apply the update at earliest convenience. Like I said earlier the problem lies in how juicy vanilla sand and gravel blocks are and usually you have to wait for the panning process which sorta balances it out; but its not hard to get sand and nearly instant processing really speeds it up. This was a pic from one of my players.

You did the right thing by adding a slowdown. Panning should be a supplementary source of copper;not the main supply.

G4C2TiFtGDqiFEDhxu4T6L8SESZBg0EgrlTiKznElYwWWhMDSPACEQwAuGNn0a91LB6QSOrwYZPJhYRvIgcWosjoIhyiZKGeAyRD.png

13 hours ago, ThePionier said:

I know it comes from the wild farming mod, you wrote above. You just said you'd turn it into wood. Because what seeds you got out of it was extreme, after 1 minute I had 5 chests full of seeds.

Maybe just lower the chances of getting fewer seeds.

I just tried the new version, the problem I see now is for players like me who don't have a standard time. My day lasts longer than the standard time, so 4 blocks in an hour are very little because the time goes by very slowly. Couldn't you do that with Modconfig? So that everyone can adjust how fast / how much is processed?

My bad, turns out the efficiency was not working properly. Now it should by default have an efficiency of only 40% and now a config will generate that will allow you to change the efficiency and speed of the sluice. Also Wild Farming has been updated to have a significantly smaller drop chance for gravel.

• Amazing! 1

8 hours ago, jakecool19 said:

My bad, turns out the efficiency was not working properly. Now it should by default have an efficiency of only 40% and now a config will generate that will allow you to change the efficiency and speed of the sluice. Also Wild Farming has been updated to have a significantly smaller drop chance for gravel.

Thanks!

It looks like the muddy gravel doesn't seem to be there anymore. It is processed, but nothing comes of it.

Muddy gravel goes without any problems, was just the low speed. The seeds have gotten a lot better too!

He also does not seem to use the settings that I make in the config. I used the Speed 1 and it processes it just as slowly as with 0.25.

So a few settings in the config tested!

So if you do 0 you have the old speed again, 1 is slower than 0.25. Whereby 0.25 is also quite slow, for me there is no real difference between 1 and 0.25. Maybe I see it differently, at least at 0 you have the old speed again :)

Edited by ThePionier

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.