[ Suggestion ] Ghost Mob?

Creative Principle

4 hours ago, Straight Drop said:

Perhaps they can appear during temporal storms or in underground ruins. 

And what shall they do? just be there? some ghostly image of who knows who or when?
We might get eldritch horrors at some later point, we already have actual monsters, that seem to be only real for player characters, how do ghosts fit in, what do you expect from their implementation.

Please, give at least enough information for anyone to get an idea what you suggest. Else if they would get implemented, no matter how, you will get disappointed, because the idea of the devs/modders implementing them is potentially far from what you actually wanted them to implement.

Edited by Hal13

I could see this idea expanded further and have maybe something like poltergeists or some other brand of malevolent/restless spirit. They could move objects - throw rocks at you, for example - or move objects in your toolbar - like put your light source away, or even put it out. It could also potentially hint at lore with indistinct voices. Perhaps, because they aren't technically alive, you can't kill them either, but maybe have them guard things of high value so you have to ignore them while you loot the place. 

• Like 2

My "two pences":

- ghosts spawn occasionally in ruins or near (above ground and underground); more often in very well hidden underground ruins (btw I have found some underground tomb with three sarcophagus and gold chest with some valuables like gold, silver or so; it doesn't have any entrance from cave, it was totally inside rock);

- they are friendly ghosts and hostile ghosts;

- frienldy ghost ask you to fulfill some quest; you'll get some reward then; ghost disappears after quest fulfilling;

- hostile ghost attacks you (it makes ruin mining more challenging); ghost can teleport small distance during fight to confuse you; killed ghost drops ectoplasm; it can be used for some magic in future;

- some friendly ghosts can lead you to a treasure/hidden tomb or teleport nearby; you should follow him carefully; íf you follow him too closely, he turns hostile and attack player;

• Like 2

Yes, a friendly ghost could look like Herne e.g., like in the old Robin Hood serials from 1984. I watched this serial since some days again, since maybe 35 years. And thats now also my game account name :) - I think Herne should spawn also in forrest and in swamp.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Herne+Robin+Hood&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjen5inisHvAhXNPOwKHVO3AvMQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=Herne+Robin+Hood&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzIGCAAQBxAeMgQIABAeUMuyAljLsgJgt8YCaABwAHgAgAFZiAFZkgEBMZgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1nwAEB&sclient=img&ei=8xJXYJ7aBs35sAfT7oqYDw&bih=949&biw=1920&client=firefox-b-d

Edited by RobinHood
  • Like 1

that herne sure looks alike some drifters enough to get themself accidentially attacked by players...

But i definitely think it shouldn't be officially connected to a specific franchise, most likely owned by disney nowadays... and the ghost of horne (the original name as far as i found out, apart from possible deities) could be too specific for a general mob, more something for a real interactable npc... and the poachers ghost does not fit in any biome/ruin/etc. maybe a variety of ghost npcs similar to traders?

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Idea - what about a neutral ghost, neutral ghost and you must play with him an minigame => if you will get his chest, you must play a card game, a card game like Somnium in "Fall From Heaven" - if you win you get it, if you lost he will try to kill you ....

Thread to FFH2/this card game, its a minigame, Somnium: http://kael.civfanatics.net/images/Somnium4.jpg

Somnium4.jpg

Edited by RobinHood

• 2 weeks later...

We need more mobs, and more types of mobs. Ghosts could be used to guard good loot, and a roving hordes of zombies would also be interesting. Maybe also add seasonal mobs? like during the fall ghosts will attack unless jack o lanterns are placed. during the winter windegos will try to attack your home? Each seasonal horror mob requires different methods to keep them out, and have them attack and be attacked by drifters for some added chaos. Make those temporal storms something really nasty. The mobs would only be triggered if the player does something in the world, like cut down too many trees, finds a cursed artifact while panning, or is seen by an evil totem that is buried in the ground? 

And some mobs did hate each other - e.g. bears don't like wolves, they are in really life enemies too - maybe you are the laughing third part - 1 bear vs one wolf, bear is mostly kill the wolf. 2 Wolf vs. 1 bear wolfes will kill the bear. Bears are loners. If we have one a day werwolfes, nobody want & like them, even strongest drifters should flee / avoid werwolfes. You are in a dark forrest, dark cave, no drifters? And think you are safe? Oh now, look behind your shoulder, there is a huge Werwolf ;) And at daylight this werwolf is a friendly Villager, maybe a Trader, a friendly Lumberjack ... e.g. and werwolfes, nobody likes them, also other hostile mobs not, they avoid him. If we have Vampires too, one day ... Vampires & Werwolves are at war, like in Underworld movies ;)

Edited by RobinHood

Hmm, direwolves would be interesting. Maybe have temporal mutant strains of wolves and raccoons? We have ruins and cobble skull, as well as bony soil, also there are artifacts in the sand too. I have a lot of bling thanks to the sieve mod, but so far i am unaware of a trader that buys those. i am wearing a crown, so a cursed crown that summons a ghost would be an interesting change of pace. Maybe even have a means to tame ghosts so that haunted furniture in your base can protect you at night? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.