Can anyone create such nice thunderstorms for VS too?

RobinHood

Here an short impression - such nice thunderstorm you don't have in MC and here I miss thunderstorm effects too (wish me more thunderstomr) - thats great for a scary feeling.

here a short impression. Graphics much better in VS, I mean only the bolt light (00:00:08) / thunder-sound effetc. ;) 

thats minetest / minclone, its opensource - https://www.minetest.net/

Edited by RobinHood

Thunderstorms already exist in the game. Hailstorms too, and they look extremely good. Here is an old demo reel of weather effects from 1.12 development; note that we've gotten new, better thunder sounds since then.

I did notice in my own gameplay that inclement weather is fairly rare, though. I think I've seen two thunderstorms and no hailstorms over the course of 70 hours of gameplay. It may have to do with the location, temperature, seasons, and so on - I'm not exactly sure how it works.

ok, and they are tor rare, for temperate zone?! I played also over 70 hours (14 VS-months) and I got only 2 thunder noises. But very often rain. Aprops Temperature, even a heavy snowfall can have - thats rare too, but a short Thunderstorm, in my near Berlin / Germany, we have in the winter 1-3 short very short thunderstorms even in winter with snowfall (3-5 Minutes and maybe 5-20 Bolts and Thunders).

The video is awsome ....  hmm, but its too rare :(

I mean, e.g. Berlin have 1-3 strong thunderstorms ;) in a year too, and a half dozen weak Thunderstorms ;)

Edited by RobinHood

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.