How to add mods to a game?

Hello everyone, I've followed the suggestion of adding the mod files to the appropriate folder (zipped and unzipped forms) hitting the "reload mods" button in the Mod Manager, however none of them show up.

Solution: Add desired mod zip file to ...\VintageStory\Mods and NOT the directory the game launcher links to ...\VintageStoryData\Mods

The correct directory contains the base game .dll files.

Edited by Devin Bauer

• 4 weeks later...

I have viewed the folder both through Windows Explorer and directly from the game launcher, neither a folder or zipped folder will show up in the launcher when the "Reload Mods" button is pressed, and yes the mods are in the folder that the launcher directly points to, C:\Users\(localusernamehere)\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Mods

Very strange. I've done it exactly like that in the past, and it has always worked.

I don't have a solution for you, but a potential workaround: try searchng for where VSEssentials.dll is on your disk. That should be the folder where the three core mods are located, and since the game is clearly finding and loading them, I would be very surprised if it failed to find other mods you put in the same location.

I have to put mods in the install directory where those files are located (essentials etc), not the one that opens when you click "Open Mods Folder", because that way never works for me. It's really strange. Have you tried that way yet? I've seen people say in game they needed to put them in BOTH folders for it to work, so that may help as well.

Edited by Rhyagelle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.