Charcoal pit

Melidebby

I think that you have to burn a multiple of 32 (full stack) firewood, because you're not supposed to left space in the charcoal pit.

That being said, why asking for a minimum amount ? With a single stack of 32, you'll only get about 8 charcoal, and you'll need many many more than that.

You should directly build a bigger charcoal pit (at least 4 stacks).

2 minutes ago, Saricane said:

I think that you have to burn a multiple of 32 (full stack) firewood, because you're not supposed to left space in the charcoal pit.

That being said, why asking for a minimum amount ? With a single stack of 32, you'll only get about 8 charcoal, and you'll need many many more than that.

You should directly build a bigger charcoal pit (at least 4 stacks).

Yea I figured that out you just need 32 to make some charcoal

i personally use a 3 by 3 pit so 9 stacks of 32 

i get around 49-ish charcoal

considering at first i used it for making copper tools it was going quick

but now i use it sparingly

i just use it for crafting quartz into glass and iron blooms

and use alternate fuel for smelting and smithing

A good way to save up on charcoal (and coal) when smelting copper/bronze is to start with two or three units of cheaper fuel (enough to get the firepit temperature to that fuel's max heat), since all the time between lighting up the firepit and reaching the smelting point is basically a waste of fuel. It might only save you 1 or 2 coal per batch, but it adds up!

49 minutes ago, Juan Juri said:

A good way to save up on charcoal (and coal) when smelting copper/bronze is to start with two or three units of cheaper fuel (enough to get the firepit temperature to that fuel's max heat), since all the time between lighting up the firepit and reaching the smelting point is basically a waste of fuel. It might only save you 1 or 2 coal per batch, but it adds up!

Good idea! Feel dumb for no thinking of it : /

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.