Crows/Ravens/Monstrous birds.

YangKoete

Just a small animal to have around because it's a sorta rustic/eldritch-y world that'd make sense, even for just more life in the world. Could have normal crows and ravens flying around certain areas like ruins or forests and they drop feathers, maybe some metal nuggets and such suuuuper rarely. No bones cause bird. 

But there could always be some more peculiar ravens that actually do some things. Red-eyed birds or ones with some interesting features that set them aside from the rest that could work like the Bell a bit, making enemies come towards it as they spot you at night. They'd be another "support" enemy, not doing much for attacking, but still being a good idea to take out and maybe hunt for some materials if you're desperate. Maybe they could even mess with Temporal Stability and/or come during Temporal Storms for the rare ravens that're more of an enemy. 

And to further make the normal crows and ravens more interesting, could make them go after anything shiny that you drop on the ground. Metal nuggets, for example. 

If you want some more "Aggressive" birds, buzzards, vultures and similar can be a bit more angry, especially if you get close to something that died. But that'd probably wait until a wasteland is added in. 

• Like 3

I loved the idea, it would totally match the game, crows flying in the afternoon would bring more immersion! they are generally used a lot in movies and suspense and horror stories!

Edited by Marlin
  • Like 2

Battle for Wesnoth is fun, but I wouldn't really want to see any typical fantasy monsters or non-human/Seraph races in the vanilla game.
As a mod though, sure.

Now, a Death Head's Tree is something I could see being adapted into VS as a weird plant monster that grows in temporally unstable areas. Monsters in VS should be scary. Drifters nonwithstanding. 😅

• Like 4

On 5/12/2021 at 11:00 AM, l33tmaan said:

Battle for Wesnoth is fun, but I wouldn't really want to see any typical fantasy monsters or non-human/Seraph races in the vanilla game.
As a mod though, sure.

Gryphens and stuff I cannot see in this game, sadly. 

Buuuuut I do like the tree o3o 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.