single block or multiblock?

Stroam

Large structures  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your large structures?

• Abstracted down to a single block
    • A single block that on place expands to fill an area
    • Multiple blocks you place down in a specific pattern

There a few different approaches to making equipment. 

• Craft stuff into a single block you place. Like the forge in Vintage Story.
  • Craft stuff into a single block you place but expands into a larger structure. Can't think of any at the moment but when there's not enough space it usually warns you.
  • Craft multiple blocks and place them down in a specific pattern like bloomery in Vintage Story.

All of these methods could produce either a gui-less or a gui version. Take the firepit in Vintage story that has a GUI and the forge which doesn't for example. My question isn't about the GUI aspect but the building aspect. If it depends, tell me below when, why, and what determines that.

I voted for multi-blocks.

Of course, it depends on the situation, but some things should occupy more than one block of space. There may be situations when it may be useful to have the player place the whole structure at once, for example when the thing has too many components, but the end result is bigger than one block. Other times is just a question of assembling the right blocks in the right places, like the Bloomery in TFC.

Archived