Iron door to charcoal pits, please?

Maelstrom

19 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Does it make sense that iron doors can be used to convert coal into coke and iron into steel, but NOT sufficient in converting firewood into charcoal?

I don't think it does either.  @Tyron & @redram  is there anyway to work this into an upcoming update?  Pretty please, with cherries on top??  😋

You're thinking of this because you'd like to make coal coke in bigger quantities? I personally understand why we have a smaller door for the coke oven but a bigger one for the steel one because more things need to fit inside this multi block structure.

54 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

I'm ok with coal coke as is.  I'm thinking of a regular ol' charcoal pit.  It would be nice to open and close a charcoal pit with a door instead of digging up dirt all the time.

Oops, I missed a part in your post above. Sorry about that.
Convert firewood to charcoal... That would be rather convenient to just walk in.
I tend to make mine on the surface and add glass as walls to see when it's done as I don't have particles turned on most of the time.
But being able to walk into that would be a whole lot more efficient than having to dig up the top layer.
Though this is kind of the same as in another post I replied to today on mid to end-game clay firing. Having a permanent structure for big projects helps take off some of the repetitive tasks as well as adding more to the base game as a whole.

• Like 1

I just build a 'silo' thing out of cobblestone.  Put some slabs on the side to get to the top to light it, leave a 2x1 hole with the two blocks to fill it close by.  A door might be more convenient, but what if it gets opened while the pit is burning?

EDIT:  Picture's worth a thousand words.  Pink box is the cover for the fire pit.  Break the protruding block, put it in the hole.  Aqua box is the door.  Again, break the two protruding blocks, stuff 'em in the hole.  4x4 is plenty enough for me right now.  Takes soooo much wood to fill it.  @_@

2021-10-28_06-18-45.thumb.png.46b2bb393111c3f2bdebcd6928b5425b.png

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

6 minutes ago, PhotriusPyrelus said:

I just build a 'silo' thing out of cobblestone.  Put some slabs on the side to get to the top to light it, leave a 2x1 hole with the two blocks to fill it close by.  A door might be more convenient, but what if it gets opened while the pit is burning?

Same as the handbook says about the regular pit I suppose. It would void the entire process and burn everything to ashes instead of coal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.