Can I change colors on worldmap?

Thorfinn

Right now, the world map is essentially a satellite view of the world. You see exactly the colors that the game world has in first person view, too. As the seasons progress and the colors change (for example maple leaves turning red in autumn), that too is reflected on the world map.

So in order to change the map colors, you must change the blocks themselves.

That's what I figured. I was showing the game to a friend that I did not know was colorblind, and while he can distinguish between various tints, the tints of some hues look identical. I tried to show him what clay was on the worldmap, and he could not tell where the light green stopped and the grey/blue began, even when I took a screenshot and zoomed in until there were only a handful of the map pixels on the screen.

I tried tweaking some of the .pngs and found that was not the answer. I could change the color of the clay forming, not the map color or the block color. And I could not find where that node color was defined.

Edited by Stephan Jerde
add a bit of detail

Not entirely sure, but could it be simpler to just generate a mapmarker in the center of the areas each time the game generates peat, blue clay and fireclay? kinda similar like the auto map marker mod does it just not on player action but world gen?

52 minutes ago, Stephan Jerde said:

And I could not find where that node color was defined.

To me it looks like the map just takes an average of the topsurface texture and with grass spreading on top of clay and peat they kinda always become greenish... maybe change the toptexture of the grassy variety a bit?

Edited by Hal13

I'd guess he'll be a bit put off by that.  I had no idea he was colorblind because he conceals it from everyone but his wife because he does not want people to treat him as disabled. If I do it, I'll have to do it on the sly, that it's for me, not some special treatment for him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.