Homesteading part 2 & Combat update, unstable finetune (1.16.1-rc.1/rc.2)

Tyron

Dear Homesteaders
v1.16.1-rc.2, a unstable release, can now be downloaded through the account manager.

Feels likely an eternity since the last update, doesn't it? Time to remedy that! :P
This release should address some of the most reported issues with 1.16.0 stable and also make it a lot easier for modders to add mounts to the game.

Game updates

• Feature: Mash can now be placed in troughs. Mash spoils 3 times slower.
  • Feature: Can now cut the green and brown bamboo shoots into edible shoots
  • Tweak: Disabled WASD map scrolling, but left in arrow key map scrolling
  • Tweak: Fine tune spear and longblade first person animations some more
  • Tweak: Increase longblade hit speed by 25%
  • Tweak: Crash reporter now also prints loaded mods
  • Tweak: Malefactor increase whole loot vessel from 10% to 12%
  • Tweak: Increase active and passive block chance of the shield by 5%
  • Tweak: Updated torch information in the starter guide.
  • Tweak: Server owners can now customize the auction house rates through 3 values:

auctionHouseDeliveryPriceMul - multiplier on the delivery costs (default: 1)
        auctionHouseDurationWeeksMul - multiplier on the auction duration (does not affect gear cost)  (default: 1, min: 1)
        auctionHouseSalesCutRate - % cut the trader takes (default 0.1 = 10%)

configured via

/worldconfigcreate float auctionHouseDeliveryPriceMul 1
        /worldconfigcreate int auctionHouseDurationWeeksMul 1
        /worldconfigcreate float auctionHouseSalesCutRate 0.1

• Fixed: Blackguard recipes no longer consume a whole iron hammer
  • Fixed: Pineapple slices juicing into apple juice
  • Fixed: Z-fighting with the "layered" hair style
  • Fixed: Game crashing if two mods with the same mod id are in the mods folder
  • Fixed: {plr} command block place holder not working as intended
  • Fixed: Fruit press interaction help suggesting placing liquid containers that are not placeable
  • Fixed: Spear/Sword hit sound globally hearable in multiplayer
  • Fixed: Hitbox hole in the trunk block
  • Fixed: Mod downloader ditched any custom server port after attempting to join
  • Fixed: Mod downloader slightly less blocking window while downloading, also fixed wrong download counter
  • Fixed: Chisel crash/freeze when trying to chisel against a placed wall linen
  • Fixed: Major derp when placing multiple auctions at once
  • Fixed: Fruit tree not fully respecting greenhouse benefits
  • Api Tweak: Much improved mounting system. Should make adding boats/horses/airships much simpler. Published a reference implementation for a 2-seated boat (assets shamelessly copied from the xrowboat mod)
  • Api Tweak: Grid crafting per ingredient liquid consumption should now be possible via recipeAttributes: { requiresContent: {...}, requiresLitres: 0.2 }
  • Api Fixed: Two crashes related to modded bowls

View full record

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It is more complicated than any tool when a hunter knocks the arrow made of metal, and most of the arrows are difficult to recover. Can the author reduce the difficulty of arrow making or increase the number of arrows made, or choose to make a hunter's arrow bag. You can set the sequence of arrows made of different materials in the arrow bag. The flint arrow is easy to make and the materials are easy to obtain, The flint arrows can't be recovered from a long distance and won't hurt. The metal arrows can be easily recovered from a short distance. In this way, you can not only bring more arrows, but also switch arrows of different materials at will. It's also convenient to add arrows with different effects in the future

Edited by ZFY1999

Hello! First, thanks to the team for all your work on this excellent game!

Since 1.16, many mods are not diplaying localized information if there is no json file for the language. Is it intended? I play in french and many guide entries are blank. Maybe you should make that by default english is shown when no other json localisation file is found. Or tell all modders that it has changed and that they need to create copies of en.json for all other languages.

5 hours ago, Cendar said:

Hello! First, thanks to the team for all your work on this excellent game!

Since 1.16, many mods are not diplaying localized information if there is no json file for the language. Is it intended? I play in french and many guide entries are blank. Maybe you should make that by default english is shown when no other json localisation file is found. Or tell all modders that it has changed and that they need to create copies of en.json for all other languages.

Hi, this is not intended, but i was not able to reproduce this problem. Can you name one mod where this happens?

47 minutes ago, Tyron said:

Hi, this is not intended, but i was not able to reproduce this problem. Can you name one mod where this happens?

Hi! Yes, sure!

To reproduce, put the game in french and use any mod that dont have fr.json in the lang folder of the mod. (I play with the stable 1.16.0)
For exemple mods like Alchemy or Ancient tools
Launch the game and look into the guide/manual with H key, you will see that the guide entries for them are just a text line like 'alchemy:alchemyguide-text' or 'ancienttools-quickstart-title'

Edit: as a workaround, I copied-pasted the en.json and renamed it in fr.json and put them back into the mods and at least I can read them in english. (I also decided to translate a bunch of them for the french community, I will give my translations to the modders when I'm satisfied with it 😋)

Edited by Cendar
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:10 PM, Cendar said:

To reproduce, put the game in french and use any mod that dont have fr.json in the lang folder of the mod. (I play with the stable 1.16.0)
For exemple mods like Alchemy or Ancient tools
Launch the game and look into the guide/manual with H key, you will see that the guide entries for them are just a text line like 'alchemy:alchemyguide-text' or 'ancienttools-quickstart-title'

Strange, still not able to reproduce this

2022-01-21_19-58-45.thumb.png.7d84a8b4099dcf69127f4bb3e458bda7.png

1 hour ago, Tyron said:

Strange, still not able to reproduce this

Mmmmh you're right... I tested with only alchemy and it seems okay... Might be a conflict with another mod, then... If so, then sorry to have taken your time about this. I'll do more tests to find the culprit and I'll be back with what I can find.

I found it! It was another mod who was causing this!

It was xlib (https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/244)

@Xandu I tag you here. I think you'll want to look at your mod to see what can cause this. If your mod is intalled with another mod who hasn't a french translation file, it messes up with the guide entries (if the game is set to french).

(for the screenshot, I only put Alchemy and xlib in my mod folder:)
1419840577_2022-01-2121_05_23-VintageStory.thumb.png.b37b23fde97efa7f54b5d588124a84a7.png

Edited by Cendar

6 hours ago, Cendar said:

I found it! It was another mod who was causing this!

It was xlib (https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/244)

@Xandu I tag you here. I think you'll want to look at your mod to see what can cause this. If your mod is intalled with another mod who hasn't a french translation file, it messes up with the guide entries (if the game is set to french).

(for the screenshot, I only put Alchemy and xlib in my mod folder:)
1419840577_2022-01-2121_05_23-VintageStory.thumb.png.b37b23fde97efa7f54b5d588124a84a7.png

Hey thank you for tagging me. After a lot of testing i finally found the issue. I accidentally was calling the Lang.Get method in the StartPre phase. This seems to have caused this issue.

• Cookie time 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.