Asphyxia

jakecool19

This mod adds a gas simulation system that includes things like poor air quality, explosive gases, a breathing system, and a library for other mods. This page is for bug reports, suggestions, and other discussion for the mod. For more info about the mod or its download, go here:

https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/2317

Edited by jakecool19
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, stinky_lizard_ said:

Hi,

In the handbook you say having a chimney or open windows is best to keep gases from flames vented - does this apply to carbon monoxide? Or do we have to manually vent carbon monoxide somehow?

Yes, as long as you have a non solid block to vent gas it should be fine.

12 hours ago, Lumber Jackson said:

Does this add anything to terrain generation, or is it all based on mechanics? I'd like to know if it's worth adding to a server that's already existing.

No, it does not alter terrain gen at all.

• Thanks 1

a very promising mod, but is currently affecting server performance too much

15.2.2022 10:31:45 [Notification] A tick took 770.44ms
gmleGasApi.BlockEntityBehaviorBurningProduces: 343.08ms
entity-ai-tasks-tick-start-execPetAI.AiTaskPetSeekEntity: 117.28ms
entity-done-bh-air: 86.24ms
entity-done-bh-harvestable: 51.99ms
end: 48.68ms
entity-controlledphysics-end: 29.18ms
entity-ai-tasks-tick-start-execFarmlife.AiTaskTweakedSeekFoodAndEat: 25.54ms
gmleVintagestory.Server.ServerSystemBlockSimulation: 12.95ms

11 hours ago, Cyraxan said:

I will reduce its update cycle, but if you where to disable smoke in the GasConfig, would that cause a lot of the overloading to free up?

On 2/15/2022 at 2:37 AM, Cyraxan said:

Released a hotfix to make it longer in between updates for burning block entities.

7 hours ago, macoto_hino said:

The gas description section was a little hard to read, so I made a small correction. Please use it in the next update.😅

gasapi_v1.0.1 - ja.json 4.48 kB · 0 downloads

Will do in next update, thank you!

Had to disable the mod on the server pending investigation. 

Game Version: v1.16.3 (Stable) 
Loaded Mods: 
20.02.2022 22:08:25: Critical error occurred
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.BroadcastArbitraryPacket(Byte[] data, IServerPlayer[] skipPlayers)
   at GasApi.GasChunk.SaveChunk(IServerNetworkChannel serverChannel)
   at GasApi.GasSystem.GasSpreadingThread.AddAndDistributeGas(Dictionary`2 adds, BlockPos pos)
   at GasApi.GasSystem.GasSpreadingThread.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<Start>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

-------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Using the Asphyxia mod, how would one go about heating a room during winter?

The room needs to be completely closed with no openings, aside from a (closed) door obviously.
How do you vent the gases, aside from opening a door and thus letting the heat out?

• 1 month later...
Spoiler
[Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorEmotionStates.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage_Patch1(Entity this, DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at GasApi.EntityBehaviorAir.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

MP server crashed.

And could you add an option to the config to set up the duration until players run out of air underwater? @jakecool19
EDIT: from a player: "for me it goes down way to fast thats all. Venting easily solved, explosions=risk vs reward. But there has been times where I walk into a house or a cave and before I can turn around the meter is at 0 and i am taking damage" - maybe an option how long it will take before the negative health effects occur or giving visual warning first so that players have time to react before taking damage.

Edited by CoB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 5:59 AM, CoB said:
  Reveal hidden contents
[Server Fatal] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.EntityBehaviorEmotionStates.OnEntityReceiveDamage(DamageSource damageSource, Single& damage)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.ReceiveDamage_Patch1(Entity this, DamageSource damageSource, Single damage)
   at GasApi.EntityBehaviorAir.OnGameTick(Single deltaTime)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.Entities.Entity.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.API.Common.EntityAgent.OnGameTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.TickEntities(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerSystemEntitySimulation.OnServerTick(Single dt)
   at Vintagestory.Server.ServerMain.Process()

MP server crashed.

And could you add an option to the config to set up the duration until players run out of air underwater? @jakecool19
EDIT: from a player: "for me it goes down way to fast thats all. Venting easily solved, explosions=risk vs reward. But there has been times where I walk into a house or a cave and before I can turn around the meter is at 0 and i am taking damage" - maybe an option how long it will take before the negative health effects occur or giving visual warning first so that players have time to react before taking damage.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:38 PM, CoB said:

I did /debuglogticks and this is one of the most demanding processes - any way to reduce it?

entity-done-bh-air: 114.35ms

pops up all the time

On 5/23/2022 at 3:55 PM, CoB said:

Legit question above i guess.
And could you remove the oxygen bar in spectator mode? @jakecool19

Vintagestory Screenshot 2022.05.23 - 21.54.23.08.png

I have released a hotfix to correct an issue with the tick reducer on the EntityBehaviorAir so all players and entities only take a breath every 3 seconds, instead of every tick. In case it is still demanding though, I also made a config option to disable breathing for nonplayer entities. I also added a config option to change how much air the players have and the airbar should be hidden from spectator mode.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:42 PM, Melfice said:

Using the Asphyxia mod, how would one go about heating a room during winter?

The room needs to be completely closed with no openings, aside from a (closed) door obviously.
How do you vent the gases, aside from opening a door and thus letting the heat out?

Hmm, I did not consider that, I could make see about making a chimney block, although theoretically, opening a door every once in awhile should air it out.

• Like 2

On 6/30/2022 at 9:19 PM, jakecool19 said:

opening a door every once in awhile should air it out.

The rate of gases building up isn't extremely high from the brief time I've played with the mod, so you're correct in that opening a door every once in a while would solve that. It's the fact that you basically immediately lose all heat in the room that's the real "issue".

Still, a solution would be very appreciated, assuming you can work something out.

Thank you for the response.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.