Theishiopian

Over the dinner table, me and my dad had an idea for the game that uses pre-existing mechanics to VASTLY increase the amount of food items available through cooking. 

The basic idea is as follows: we already have a system for shaping clay, and speaking from experience, clay is very similar to dough in consistency. As such, its not much of a stretch to imagine a dough-forming system as a re-skin of the clay-forming system. The advantage of this is it allows for the creation of a variety of shapes. Instead of just being able to make loaves of bread, we could also make  dozens of different pastas (including meaty ones like ravioli, though I imagine the meat would be added after forming the dough), pizza crusts, rolls, dumplings (again, adding the meat later) , biscuits and even pastries, though sugar will have to be added first for most of them. 

These items wouldn't have to be stand alone foods either: pastas could be added to soups, as could dumplings. Pie crusts and rolls could be filled with meats and veggies, creating a whole new class of food. You could even have breadbowls for soup, because who doesn't like breadbowls? Not to mention all the permutations of pizza...

I imagine this mechanic of dough-forming would be best to add after the addition of ovens, which appear to be a wip already, at least judging by Saraty's twitter.

Archived