I absolutely love this game

Copperman

I just wanted to express to the community and developers of this game how much I love it.

I was introduced to the game by a friend who wanted to try it with people and was skeptical of it but after the first 3 days in-game I was absolutely hooked. I love making stuff in clay and firing it, making charcoal, turning your crappy dirty shack slowly into a real base, prospecting for ores, making an army of molds and mass producing stuff.

The game is beautiful and feels really alive with all of the plant life growing and the animals coming and going.

I have always itched for a Minecraft mod that felt like true survival and I never really got it but this is it.

Thanks to everyone on the forums for helping me out when I have questions and thanks to the devs for their continued work!

• Like 11

I've got the same feelings. I recently started a new game. My last game was in version 1.15.

I love the mechanics in Vintage Story. I love the feeling and the immersion in the world. I love the early days struggle, not having anything is tough and the challenge is real. I would say the immersion and the feeling is almost unique. Only Subsistence is giving me the same feeling.

Edited by DayBeforeU
  • Like 2

Ditto!  
I think the only -draw-back to VS is the graphics. Loads of "gamers" go more for "realistic" looks, rather than minecrafty ones. 
I also think theres a partial minor set back with VS being theme'd around a lovecraftian aspect. I know when asking friends about playing VS, most mine responded with a dislike of lovecraft themes. 

But, the bonuses, are numerous! 
I mean, i've played the crap out of Dayz , even back in its mod days on Arma2 and 3.  Subsistance, i have, but i found hard to get into , the very early game is punishing, and later on with exploration limited, simply becomes a time management game. While you -can- get very time managey in VS, you can stop and smell the roses as well, eventually. I've played probably just about every "survival" type game out there, -except- Minecraft. And VS, actually has a most complete system and complete "game" i've seen yet. Thats why i like it. 

But yes, exposure is a thing, VS isn't offered on Steam , so its not going to get the same exposure by default by a commonly used platform to get games on. 
But i found VS watching folks like Ashanti , Papasmurf , Gamesedged , on youtube cause i seen it in playlist of those i subscribed to, got curious ... wound up putting in like 500+hours of just -watching- the game seasons they put up. 

Couldn't agree more with what the OP said. This game touches on a realistic immersive experience on the volvox genre not yet seen. I think with another few years in development this game will be hugely popular. 

The best part is that if you're not a huge fan of Lovecraftian themes, the modding community will probably end up creating modpacks that change things up enough to the point it's not even noticeable. 

It's also very re-assuring that Tyron interacts with the community regularly for feedback. He clearly cares what we think and wants us to be apart of the creative experience and I think that's key.

• Like 2
  • Cookie time 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 5:34 PM, Anthony frailey said:

I think the only -draw-back to VS is the graphics. Loads of "gamers" go more for "realistic" looks, rather than minecrafty ones.

The graphics are good enough if you crank it to 11, but if you want more we have 2 mods that might help.
https://mods.vintagestory.at/fancysky
https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/24

23 minutes ago, Michaloid said:

Yeah that's what worries me! People will look at this game and ask "Is that a Minecraft clone?" And will lose interest without even checking the game. Witch is a shame!

I second this. It's what I initially thought too, luckily enough I was in a peak of being interested in something akin to Minecraft, but oh boy did it turn out to be something else entirely. All friends I try to get into it just seem to shrug it off as another clone and not pay attention, such a shame.

6 hours ago, setne550 said:

Honestly a friend of mine was interested but only if there was a steam that make it easy for him to buy it. Not sure why he can't able to do it in some way.

Either he doesn't trust the site, or he's using paypal and doesn't have the EUR or USD currency.

Edited by Michaloid

20 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Steam has a stranglehold on some people, it's sad.

It's just that people are familiar with what they get when buying on Steam. They know the refund policy and the support they can get. That doesn't mean third party is any less good, it just means it has a much harder time proving itself because it's lesser known to people.

Currently have a love-hate relationship with the game here due to its insane difficulty curve compared to what I normally play, but am in awe of the care put into the mechanics themselves.

Anthony Frailey - "I think the only -draw-back to VS is the graphics. Loads of "gamers" go more for "realistic" looks, rather than minecrafty ones."

I play the game with PS1-styled graphics due to a non-gamer laptop.

Edited by literallynobodyatall
Crediting author of quote.
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 7:03 AM, AgentKay said:

I just wanted to express to the community and developers of this game how much I love it.

I was introduced to the game by a friend who wanted to try it with people and was skeptical of it but after the first 3 days in-game I was absolutely hooked. I love making stuff in clay and firing it, making charcoal, turning your crappy dirty shack slowly into a real base, prospecting for ores, making an army of molds and mass producing stuff.

The game is beautiful and feels really alive with all of the plant life growing and the animals coming and going.

I have always itched for a Minecraft mod that felt like true survival and I never really got it but this is it.

Thanks to everyone on the forums for helping me out when I have questions and thanks to the devs for their continued work!  spiritual waist beads

I also love this game

Edited by ceviga

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.