Hello, new , could i get some advice?

Anthony frailey

Hi, Toadsquish here, long time back I was active in several indie game "survival" production team, I got out of such for along many years, come back ... skipping completely over , "other" block based voxel game entirely , jumping into this from seeing several prominent content creators making me take a look at this game. 
So after months of watching videos, finally bought the game. 

First thing, i'm having trouble finding and installing the mod that allows for you to carry extra vessels. Anyone know what its called or where its located here? Then once it downloads, where do i stick it, I'm unfamiliar with the game files how they are put together. 

Secondly, I'm very interested in survival in tropical regions, if in any seed or map i spawn on, will heading "south" take me to those areas, or is such completely random?

Ok I finally found  tutorial , and found out the mod i was seeking was Carry Capacity.  I had to dig a bit, as youtube just wasn't bringing up specific vids on a how-to by default for me. 

I still got questions on regions/temperatures.  
I found in setting i could set world to "hot", but looked like entirely gigantic deserts. 

I think there needs a "between" setting in hot/arid , and temperate specifically for tropical/equator like ... assuming this "world" is simmilar to what we know is "Earth" here. 

You can definitely get humid jungle, and it's often right on the edge of savannah. It's just a hot climate with common or better rainfall. I get jungle more often than desert, though I don't usually play anything other than temperate.

You can get basically random climates packed closely together by changing climate distribution. You can also skew your world towards more moisture. I think it's called Global Moisture. 

4 hours ago, Anthony frailey said:

Secondly, I'm very interested in survival in tropical regions, if in any seed or map i spawn on, will heading "south" take me to those areas, or is such completely random?

With the default world settings, you'd need to head south from your initial spawn.

The game doesn't handle biomes via arbitrary definition ala Minecraft, but rather it makes a decent attempt at approximating a process that's a bit more real: Temperatures get higher as you get closer to the equator, which combines with a rainfall map (Arbitrary, but even basic weather modeling would be absurdly taxing on hardware) to create the biome. Hot and humid gives you a jungle; hot and dry a desert.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.