Hit by a drifter glitched me into a 1x1x1 space in rock

noname hero
Go to solution Solved by Streetwind,

Playing 1.16.5, a new player. I've been stupid enough to chase a wounded pig through underbrush and fell into a cave with no material to pillar out on, began to mine soil, got attacked by a drifter, hit it a few times and got hit myself and bam, everything went black but I'm still alive?!?

Grabbed a torch and went what the heck, I'm pushed into a 1x1x1 hole and staring at a drifter's soles clipping through the rock above me?!? And yes, I only have stone tools, no chance of digging myself out, because all six sides around me are need tier 2 tools.

Any advice?

• Solution

If you're in a 1x1x1 hole, then jumping will get you out. Blocks do not have any collision from the inside.

Knockback pushing you into blocks is a known, if very rare, bug in 1.16.x versions of the game. But even when it happens, it will only ever push you into the first block. There's no such thing as "solid blocks on all six sides". You just haven't found the way out yet, likely because you got disoriented by what happened.

Finally, in singleplayer, you can always do /gamemode creative to allow you to break any block with a single click of your bare hand, and then /gamemode survival to return to what you were doing before. Note that this will not break the block you are already inside of. You still need to jump/walk/fly out of that one.

Thank you for the advice. Jumping didn't help but creative mode + fly + noclip did.

As for there being no things as holes with solid blocks on all six sides, I definitely was inside something resembling one. It might have been the insides on a single basalt block but I definitely wasn't just disoriented. I've even tried restarting the game, and even going to sleep IRL and trying the next day, and the result was always the same. All four horizontal sides, the floor and the ceiling were all basalt. I've even been able to wait out a drifter and hit it when the soles of its legs clipped into my hole. But it took the creative mode plus noclip flight to get out. I will probably not be going back to that world again, it was set up with a lower hunger rate and I've since learned enough of the game to use the default one, but it is good to know these problems can be fixed in ways different than respawning should I ever run into one again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.