Builders Blocks- Over 750 new building blocks!

Mr1k3

Builders blocks is a building additions mod that adds over 790 new blocks to build with, many of which provide new building themes and overal greater flexibilty with your builds. It also provides some functional additions such as climbing scaffold, door options, new light sources, walls, and cairns which can be used as primitive landmarks.

Heres my patreon if you'd like to support me: Patreon

Current additions include:

Decorational-

• Scaffold blocks in metal and wood variants, as well as hollow and soild versions of those. Non-climbing version.
  • Support braces in 4 versions and in all wood variants.
  • Pylons/Pylon pipes- octagonal supports or hollow pipe versions available in all wood and metal types.
  • Bark blocks- blocks with the bark texture on all sides.
  • Stripped wood- Like planks but without the lines in them.
  • Small/Large leaf blocks- Survival avaiable leaf blocks that can be crafted and picked up when broken.
  • Grave markers in 3 versions and all stone types.
  • Cairns- stone piles used either for decoration or navigational land markers, also has a glowing version for the tip so you can see them at night, available in all stone types, 4 different size variations.
  • Glowstone blocks- glowing blocks that can be chiseled, provides as much light as a normal lantern and can be grown in a barrel in a slightly involved process. Essentally made from suevite rock.
  • Oil lamp chandelier- brighter oil lamp that can be hung from the ceiling.
  • Cage lights in every metal type.
  • Framed metal blocks.
  • Solid metal blocks.
  • Mineral blocks- many many blocks with many textures, can be chiseled or used as condensed storage blocks, includes nugget blocks, bone blocks, lapis blocks ect.
  • Rust blocks- rust iron blocks in a brine barrel to have rusty textures.
  • Transparent solid blocks- with framed version, can be chiseled.
  • Terrariums! Available in 65 different versions including snow, water, desert, mushroom, and grass.

Functional-

• 4 New door types in all wood variants.
  • 2 new "trapdoor" like blocks.
  • Stone pile fences in every stone type.
  • Climbing rocks in every stone type
  • Metal fences in every metal type.
  • Metal ladders in every metal type.
  • 4 versions of climbable scaffold blocks, large stacks can be fell with an axe at the stack base.

Made in version 1.17, should still work in 1.16 versions.

Download

Link: https://mods.vintagestory.at/buildersblocks

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 6:07 AM, macoto_hino said:

That's a damn good mod!
It would have been even better if it had a chimney that would allow the smoke from the fire to pass through while also ensuring an indoor seal.😆

Thanks! I do have some leftover ideas that didn't make the release and one was new smoke/particle emitting blocks, but those will need quite a bit of work to implement, and I already spent so much time on the current stuff, I wanted to get it out so I can gather some feedback for it while I focus my efforts on updating/content additions to my other mods.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mr1k3 said:

Thanks! I do have some leftover ideas that didn't make the release and one was new smoke/particle emitting blocks, but those will need quite a bit of work to implement, and I already spent so much time on the current stuff, I wanted to get it out so I can gather some feedback for it while I focus my efforts on updating/content additions to my other mods.

Oh, that's right.
I'll be looking forward to seeing the prime chimney and whatever else is implemented.😁

4 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Do you make ALL stone blocks (like suevite) have all the block variant, such as brick (which suevite doesn't have in vanilla)?

No, but that is a good idea for a future addition, there are already textures for suevite/obsidian bricks in the game textures so it would be easy enough to implement with a patch or two. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Mr1k3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's winter, my first year in the 1.17 world, the ground is covered with snow, and there is not much I can do on my multiplayer server.
Then, a friend of mine who was looking for a new block in his spare time came across a funny phenomenon.

I put 50 inert glowstone dust in 50 liters of water and it looked like the picture.
Is this working correctly? I was afraid of crashing so I did not proceed after this.

2022-09-19_22-10-54 (2).png

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.