Coconut palms, vegetable fat substitute.

RobinHood

Coconutpalm grows in humid tropics or near by seas. You can finde coconuts also as a Treasuree. Coconut oil/fat is obtained by heating and fruit press :) Halved coconut shell can partially replace clay shell. Coconut fat/oil did substitute fat from pigs and so on ...

btw. if you are tiered to slaughter animals for fat, go for coconuts :D

Edited by RobinHood
  • Like 8

On 8/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, sharptile said:

sounds good to me

and if the coconut fat/oil would substitute for animal fat does that mean it would also allow you to seal crock pots with it? if yes then im all for it

Uh... except that coconut oil liquifies at room temperature, so it is not able to seal the crocks unless you live in a cold/cool environment or maybe at certain times of the year. In my own kitchen it is liquid during the warmest summer months and solid the rest of the time.

• Like 1

Oh yeah. I totally forgot about coconuts and what they can do.

Their shells had various use, one can use it as a small "water flask" or can break it as it's contents can be eaten while at the same time the coconut fat has similar properties to animal fat which can be use in certain stuff. EDIT: You can even use the coconut shell into another form of charcoal too!

Another is palm trees, I would mind seeing them in hotter climates.

Edited by setne550
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, dakko said:

Uh... except that coconut oil liquifies at room temperature, so it is not able to seal the crocks unless you live in a cold/cool environment or maybe at certain times of the year. In my own kitchen it is liquid during the warmest summer months and solid the rest of the time.

Ooohh i see well i guess no food sealing then

could even us this as an opportunity to add coconut crabs, which are very large crabs that can climb trees and wear broken coconut shells on occasion. With their introduction we could have a new meat type and shell shards could be ground up and used as fertilizer.

coconut_02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wolf Bait 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.