Crafting Craft and monsters

Ivan

• 2 months later...

Completely insane idea but this could be an extremely rare mob (perhaps only one per world) in Wilderness and survival! 
Imagine: Troll this size emerging from a front of a very large mountain with fancy effects - loud cracking sounds, blocks breaking and falling down etc. It would move very slowly but destroy everything on its path. Including player of course! ...probably he shouldn't move too far from its mountain it came from, otherwise the word would become an utter mess. :D

• 2 weeks later...

The last of my try out of these large forms, this time with a reduced size dinosaur included so the landscape can accommodate more. it never got to where I wanted it as my computer crashed with the load created by the entire scene at max view distance. But I think a feeling of scale and motion was achieved, which is what I wanted to experiment with. Don't worry about crashes with your own system, as this scene was rendered using an E1 processor. So it is possible to do something like this from modelling to placement and ultimately rendering, using a low powered notebook style computer. So this is a good demonstration of how powerful the Vintage Story engine is even on a minimum requirements system.  

2017-12-28_23-09-46.png

2017-12-28_23-10-32.png

2017-12-29_10-17-18.png

2017-12-29_10-18-50.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived