Everywhere I settle a base becomes unstable.

Avarice

I started playing this game fairly recently, started over a lot getting used to how to play etc, but I've noticed everytime I settle in an area it turns unstable. 

I find an area I like, I check the character sheet (C) and it shows the area is stable, and my gear isn't turning to the left.

I spend the first day gathering reeds, flint, sticks, logs, and berries, then when night comes I build up a packed dirt hovel as a temp house and usually before morning the area changes to unstable.

I've read this isn't supposed to happen, and found a few others posts complaining about it in older builds, but it's been happening to me over and over on the current build. 

I have about 4 mods installed, all of them are popular ones like the carry capacity mod, so maybe one of them is causing it?

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix the issue?

Thanks,

You reference two different things.  The character sheet will show rift activity which WILL change.  The other thing you mention is the temporal stability (the green spinning gear) of a geographical location.  To date that shouldn't change unless you change altitude, typically stability decreases as you descend into the depths of the world.

Just now, Maelstrom said:

You reference two different things.  The character sheet will show rift activity which WILL change.  The other thing you mention is the temporal stability (the green spinning gear) of a geographical location.  To date that shouldn't change unless you change altitude, typically stability decreases as you descend into the depths of the world.

I had both happening, but I think the issue was, across a few different games, I kept building on the edge of an unstable area. I'd check my stability and it would be fine, but then I'd build up my base, rifts/portals would appear near me and suddenly my gear would start spinning left. 

After posting this thread, I started another game and made sure to check a large area around where I was going to build, to be sure it was all stable, and so far I just get rift activity here and there, but temporal stability is staying normal. 

Mods can delete my post if they want.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.